Illuminators

plink

Can any of the folks here give me some idea of the illumination required for the Yukon nv gear please at infra red?

Looking for 30 - 50 m range.

How good //clear is the image from these scopes at that range ?

Anyone near w london got one i could peep through one night ?

Basically looking for something as cheap as possible for night suveillance of fox population.

Like Steve B, I use a Tracer Max Pro with IR filter for my Digisight 550, and the image is crystal clear to a good 200yds. The Deben dimmer is brilliant with the scope as the scope adjusts to the light levels for close and distant.

The IR filter does give a very dark red glow which is invisible at 50yds to the Mk1 eyeball - the IR illuminator that came with the sight is 'black light' completely, but I rarely use that with the Tacer Max throwing more light than I need.

Edited by Tin Man Work

What model are you thinking of buying? I am looking at the ranger which would be fine for your range with no additional ilumination, the other plus point is that the built in IR works at 930+nm so you will be covert unlike most illuminators.

http://www.nightvisionsuppliesltd.co.uk/ranger.php This is what it looks like

Not really what i want.

Current video camera works if fine for people but i have to turn on 400w ir flood for foxes

neighbours have complained of the intrusion.

The recorder switches on motion, fox is too small without extra light.

Looking to replace with nightscope screwed to wall.

Later i would like to use it on rifle so would like rifle scope , waste of money otherwise.

Needs video out and cannot be tubed due to daylight.

Like Steve B, I use a Tracer Max Pro with IR filter for my Digisight 550, and the image is crystal clear to a good 200yds. The Deben dimmer is brilliant with the scope as the scope adjusts to the light levels for close and distant.

The IR filter does give a very dark red glow which is invisible at 50yds to the Mk1 eyeball - the IR illuminator that came with the sight is 'black light' completely, but I rarely use that with the Tacer Max throwing more light than I need.

Hi

The digisight looks interesting but pricey.

When the sum light is operating what is the effect ,does the picture get delayed/jerky when panning from side to side ?