can anyone help? marlin 917 extended recoil pad

Ozzy Fudd

i need an extended recoil pad to fit my marlin 917v, ive worked out tonight that the stock is about 1" to 1.5" too short for me. ive sent marlin an email to see if they have any extended pads or can point me in the right direction, i also spent about an hour trawling ebay/midway/brownells/google and cant come up with anything, so im hoping someone here can help.

ive seen plenty of slip on type ones but really would prefer something that screws on and replaces the existing plate, like i have fitted to my ruger 10/22 (here). i appreciate any help :good:

ps should also say the end ot the stock is straight and the plate/pad is held on with two screws, thanks

Edited by Ozzy Fudd

I don't think you'll find anything. You wouldn't need a pad on that gun for recoil purposes, just LOP, which is a very small market. Most people don't customize their 917's, certainly not like a 10/22.

You could get a generic pad and grind to fit. You should be able to extend nearly an inch that way. If you want to hit the full inch and a half, you'll need to get a wood extension made.

Thanks

Rick

check this out :hmm:

go to boyds stocks click on marlin they have a ss evolution stock in laminate for 108 dollars with a 50% discount making it 54 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!

it looks fantastic :hmm: and an absolute bargain.

failing that ill make you a butt however you would have to send me the stock for fitting.

harv