Home-made crow decoy

mike25

Hi guys had a bit of a blue peter moment yesterday with an idea how to make crow decoys, anyway i was on nights last night so decided to have a go at making one at work and was pretty pleased with out come :devil: Thought i would share it with you guys, its really simple to do, so here goes

first step is to gather the materials you're going to need lol (plastic coat hanger like the one in the pic below, black bin bag, black electrical tape, scissors, sticky tape and a newspaper.

95288ae82731.jpg

roll the the paper up in to balls and use the sticky tape to hold it in place in the middle of the hanger, i used two bigger ones in the center and smaler ones at each end like this

735145f6dd51.jpg

then stick two balls together then stick them to the sides of the big rolls of paper on the hanger

02b0d0381231.jpg

next place the corner of the hanger into the corner of the black bag pulling it tight down towards the hook on the hanger cut the bag just below the hook twist round and tape this around the shank of the hook and to finish off cut the curved part of the hook off leaving a spike to enable you to stick in the ground

6e86e9aa9011.jpg

69a5c436fad1.jpg

hope this makes sense

Mike

ive just made 5 with wire coathangers and insultaion tape.

you bend the coathanger into ahspe first though and straighten the hook out so it goes in the ground easier.

tested them today

just sat under a tree no gun and birds came over.

seagulls were keener at first then a couple of crows flew over and 4 pigeons so in 10 mins could have had around 6 crows 4 pigeons. probably moreif i had a hide and camo. gonna make a few more aswell

Well done, very inventive mate. My only criticism is that with a bin liner or insulation tape that they will shine up very badly on a sunny day. This will be like a flashing beacon for crows as they have great eyesight. I think the shape is excellent though. :lol:

yeah if anything i think that would be the problem but could'nt think of anything simlar thats not shiney, plus i thought if the one's that the guy on here makes out of bale wrapping then these should too.

good point about the tights daz that should work, not sure the person at the checkout would belive you what there for though :lol:

Mike

Edited by mike25