Rotaries - in front or behind your deeks?

Al Downie

Since I saw a video on youtube of some guys on a day out where it was raining pigeons, I've tried to emulate their success by putting my rotary at the front of my decoy pattern, just about 20yds form the hide, and one or two floaters a long way behind the pattern. Hasn't really worked for me. And the most recent articles I've read in the comics have described the rotaries being put away at the back - probably the same place that I've been putting my floaters.

So I'm confused-dot-com. Where d'you put yours?

Cheers,

Al

Since I saw a video on youtube of some guys on a day out where it was raining pigeons, I've tried to emulate their success by putting my rotary at the front of my decoy pattern, just about 20yds form the hide, and one or two floaters a long way behind the pattern. Hasn't really worked for me. And the most recent articles I've read in the comics have described the rotaries being put away at the back - probably the same place that I've been putting my floaters.

So I'm confused-dot-com. Where d'you put yours?

Cheers,

Al

If the wind is blowing left to right or vise versa, I always put my Magnets in front of the decoys and the bouncers at the back of them. If the wind is on my back the Magnets go about 20 yards out with the decoys either side and bouncers behind them. It works for me.

If the wind is blowing left to right or vise versa, I always put my Magnets in front of the decoys and the bouncers at the back of them. If the wind is on my back the Magnets go about 20 yards out with the decoys either side and bouncers behind them. It works for me.

in other words, always at the front of the deeks them, irrelivent of what way the winds blowing

This subject comes up quite a lot and the suggestions you will get show that we all seem to do slightly different things. which work for us.

My observation has been that incoming birds land behind the birds already on the ground.

So, as my rotary is supposed to be landing birds, I place it behind my decoys.

Incoming birds should land behind, or close to the rotary and as this is the area in which I want to shoot the incoming birds, the rotary position and distance from the hide becomes very relevant.