FAC applied for

vampire

My FAC took 3 months and the land had allready been checked out so be prepared to wait. i dont think they will grant you a 223 just yet they usually like you to use smaller rounds first but good luck mate.

What a load of old cock, sorry mate, but I got granted .223 for fox and vermin in my first ever application.

As long as the FLO thinks you are of good character, and not out to murder everyone from the top of a building, you will be fine.

Good luck :oops:

Edited by SSS

I put in for .22 .17 and .223. Only got granted 1 which was the .17hmr. I know some forces give all on 1st grant. But Gwent police said i had to wait about a year before i can put in for my .223. I dont know about the good character part. I thought if they had the slightest whiff of you being some what dodgy, you wont get a SGC never mind a FAC. I'm working full time, got my own place and a long term relationship. And i still got to wait for a year before putting in for my .223. If you can't get any better character then that. Well i dont know what their looking for a a person. Defo not out to shoot any one on roof tops or any where else for that fact. But i waited 34 yrs to get my .17hmr. Another 6 months wont hurt for my .223. There will still be plenty of foxes to shoot in that time.

Edited by deputy dog

I put in for .22 .17 and .223. Only got granted 1 which was the .17hmr. I know some forces give all on 1st grant. But Gwent police said i had to wait about a year before i can put in for my .223. I dont know about the good character part. I thought if they had the slightest whiff of you being some what dodgy, you wont get a SGC never mind a FAC. I'm working full time, got my own place and a long term relationship. And i still got to wait for a year before putting in for my .223. If you can't get any better character then that. Well i dont know what their looking for a a person. Defo not out to shoot any one on roof tops or any where else for that fact. But i waited 34 yrs to get my .17hmr. Another 6 months wont hurt for my .223. All good thing come to those who wait, even if they cant ****.

FAir point and well said. I have to agree with what you say, but Staffordshire granted mine on first application. Maybe I am one of the 'chosen ones' :oops:

Just need the permission on land and its the next thing on my list..

catch 22... cant get the land with out the equipment,

Cant get the equipment without the land.. Doh..

All the best..

who is your FEO?

Edited by 454697819

Sent my first application off on the 22nd March to N Wales police applied for .22 for land .223Rem 8 shot pump action 44mag underlever and a black powder revolver These will be used at a club and hopefully the .223 i will get transferred to shoot on land by next winter. Had a letter today forme to send a copy of club membership. Did speak to their office this morning they said forms have gone to the enquiry officer and should hear from him in next 2-3 weeks should be an interesting meeting.