Breakdown Cabinets and Semi Autos

Pigsy

Hi There,

I've finally got around to applying for my SGC. Bought a JFC 2 gun breakdown cabinet and had my inspection a few weeks ago.

However (and rather stupidly!) when I mentioned I was looking for a Semi, the FEO pointed out that I may well not get one into the cabinet (Height of 820mm). I had my eyes on a W&S 800 and having checked with Webleys' (very helpful) customer care dept it would appear that the stock and action length is indeed too long to get in.

Therefore my questions are:

1) Has anybody had a similar experience?

2) If I do "risk" buying a semi and it doesn't fit - are there any other options for storage that would still be compliant with obligations of the SGC?

3) If I buy another cabinet, would it need re-inspecting?

4) Obviously the Webley purchase isn't set in stone (pending fitting and preference) - does anyone know if any other models fit (Franchi, Pietta)?

Thanks in advance.

:good:

Ah sticky issue best thing to do is either buy an O/U or SbS or get a bigger cabinet if you go the bigger cabinet route i dont think you have to have it re inspected but i would check with your FEO if Cab was bought new you may be able to P/X against a full size one or swap it (obviously easier to do before you have a gun in it!) with someone else. That is the only sensible way to do it really.

Hi - unfortuantely the measurements of the W&S 800 broken down still mean that the stock/action/mag (without the barrel) exceed the length of the breakdown cabinet (apparently)

Looks like I'll need to put in another full length cabinet if I go the semi route (I can't wait to see the gilrfriends face given it's already taken up space in her fitted wardrobe).

Oh well!

Thanks for the advice!

Hi - unfortuantely the measurements of the W&S 800 broken down still mean that the stock/action/mag (without the barrel) exceed the length of the breakdown cabinet (apparently)

Looks like I'll need to put in another full length cabinet if I go the semi route (I can't wait to see the gilrfriends face given it's already taken up space in her fitted wardrobe).

Oh well!

Thanks for the advice!

oooooooopppppssss

:blink: :good::oops:

Alan

Edited by Alanl50