small rifle

welsh warrior

went down my local gun shop to have a look at the rifles and i didnt know that they were that small ;) l haha i know its a small cal but come on.im 6 ft and built like a tank could carry it in my pocket.back to my looking at rifles....i had a hold of all types but the one i liked the most was the CZ 452 SILHOUETTE for i think it was 375 quid 40 quid for a silencer and 60 quid for the bi pod .the feel of it was just perfect the weight and the action and the feel of the bolt was just so smooth and crisp.so ive made my mind up going for the CZ 452 SILHOUETTE hopefuly in .17hmr .but got to play the waiting game now tho sent all my forms off and my refs called me to say that they sent their parts off

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive got 1 sitting in the shop waiting for my fac to come back with the variation, although its the "varmint" model in wood, not the silhouette the shop is doing a deal on hmr ammo at the mo, £8 for 50, so come on norfolk constabulary hurry up

mikee

I don't know why people go for rimfire synthetic stocks, they al seem to just look crappy, particularily the CZ's, get some lovely wood!

Well, horses for courses, I appreciate a nice stock, but my guns really are tools, they get knocked about on the farm and used a lot, I don't want to worry about scratching a nice piece of timber.

Although my CZ452 really doesn't like a bipod, so am looking for a wood stock.

I don't know why people go for rimfire synthetic stocks, they al seem to just look crappy, particularily the CZ's, get some lovely wood!

Alright dont nock what he's buying ;) I have a cz american but would have gone synthetic if i could but the dont do left hand synthetic models at the end of the day my rimmie is a tool that will be lent on wing mirrors and trees and so on and simply put it will get nocked around so synthetic could be of benefit quite easily. Also i do like the look of synthetic with steel or nickel the contrast does it for me :P all the best with your new rifle WW you wont go wrong with a cz or .17hmr.

George

mmm that is a point ....will a bi pod fit on the synthetic stock

They do, they normally come with studs anyway, mine did, but its very touchy with a bipod, I think they flex a bit more than wood, if I'm settled and on purpose watch how much I've leaning into the gun its fine. If you look for one of my older threads I had real trouble with consistent accuracy and was worried it was the gun, put it on a benchrest and it clover leafs at 100 yards.

as previously posted - mine fell out of the window of my frontera whilst driving along, scope and bipod knackered, CZ still shoots perfectly - headshot bunnies at 160 yards no prob.

nasty scratches on stock, but if it was wood, it would have snapped for sure.

that's a good working rifle review in my books!

is there any good reviews for this version of the CZ 452 SILHOUETTE

I have one, I wouldn't get rid of it, don't get me wrong..the groups were just not what I expected from a .17, but within an inch and half at 100, but with practice they have tightened up loads. I don't use the bipod a huge amount as I static shoot on large warrens and use either natural rests or bean bags from the van or on the floor, so no great issues.

as previously posted - mine fell out of the window of my frontera whilst driving along, scope and bipod knackered, CZ still shoots perfectly - headshot bunnies at 160 yards no prob.

nasty scratches on stock, but if it was wood, it would have snapped for sure.

that's a good working rifle review in my books!

i would say so ;) ....do silencers slow the bullet down or is that a myth? also where can i find a silencer like this?... http://media.photobucket.com/image/cz%2045...ouette_DM80.jpg

i would say so ;) ....do silencers slow the bullet down or is that a myth? also where can i find a silencer like this?... http://media.photobucket.com/image/cz%2045...ouette_DM80.jpg

Doesn't matter if it does, its only minimal and you'll zero to compesate for it.

The mod is a DM80, available from all good toy shops.

is 375 quid a good price? also are you allowed to change the stock? say i wanted a sniper look stock would i be allowed?

you can have whatever stock you want try here

Rimfire rifles are small in comparison to Centre Fire

not always the case my cz 527 is smaller than my cz 452

Edited by ST3V3