AA S200 vs Weihrauch HW97k

BountyHunter

It is worse after a full charge but levels out at 170.

That'll be it reaching the "sweet spot".

This is the Holy Grail of unregged p.c.p.'s.

I don't bother filling my S410 above 175bar, as this is the start of the sweet spot.

(although Point of impact does not change much when I charge to 190bar :lol: )

Who knows??

You mean the JF site at Penzance, Hayle or St Ives?  I am about 10ish miles from either, I don't know if they have a closed season as such but I am going to find out!  Thanks for the tip!

BH

if its a caravan holiday park, with static caravans, most sitesa i think by law must close for a few weeks, due to the laws about not being able to live in a caravan 12 monbths of the year. Most sites close end of january until start of march or there abouts. During this time van owners are not allowed to say at the van but they are permited to security check them (some sites turn a blind eye to sleeping in them).

hope this helps you out

ROB :lol:

Hmmm that could be good news for me and bad news for the rabbits :D

You mean the JF site at Penzance, Hayle or St Ives?  I am about 10ish miles from either, I don't know if they have a closed season as such but I am going to find out!  Thanks for the tip!

BH

BH

The site was at St Ives............One morning my little girl counted 35 with-in view of the back door of our chalet and this site is set in 100 acre woodland :lol::D:)

They do have a closed season for maintenance and i would'nt be surprised if some of the foundations of theses chalets are being undermined mate :lol:

Good Luck

Ive

PS I'm not teaching you how to suck eggs BH but if you do decide to approach the JF sites then having proof of liabilty insurance will help no end :lol:

BH BASC insurance covers you for shooting activities as long as you are n0ot receiving reward on a regular basis. However, the grey area is that you are aloud to get paid on an occasional basis. But what the percentage is very grey indeed. As long as its not the majority I would think you'll be OK.

If you are in any doubt what so ever, contact the BASC Insurance services and explain the frequency and have them tell you right from wrong. :lol:

Thanks Mate, will the BASC insurance do as long as I am not getting paid for it...offically?

This is my understanding of this so called grey area.........

The quarry is Rabbits which are classed as ground game even though you don't need a game lisence to shoot them .The Rabbits you shoot are yours to sell and this is your reward.(To cover Incurred Costs)The BASC insurance covers this activity.The ground games act states you must recieve reward from the person employing you to carry out this form of control.

However should you recieve alternative payment to compensate you for diesel and petrol and other incurred costs only then this is acceptable as well(GREY AREA :) )

I would air on the side of caution here and take out seperate insurance if your intending to make a bit of money at it............You know what all insurance companies are like :D

Basically these antiquated laws are a mine field and are open to all sorts of mis-interpretation .............

A can of worms opened here me thinks :lol:

Ive

BH, as Ive has summed it up, if you are to be doing this asa paid venture on a regular basis, then consider additional insurance. This will of course be a little more expensive as it will have to cover commercial acticity, but better to be safe than sorry. If on the other hand it is recompense for youyr costs then dont worry. :rolleyes:

Ive is also right about the can of worms, this was last opened here a couple of months back. Have a search about on member postings for davidBASC.

• 2 weeks later...

OK chaps, thanks for the help re insurance.

Back to the original problem:

I clamped the gun to a stand and tested the grouping - satisfactory, I adjusted the magnification - no shift. OK so the gun seems ok - I zeroed it clamped to the stand - again it seems OK.

I have now gone out and bought a moderator for it, I expected the zero to maybe drop a little but it has dropped by about 8 inches, I don't have enough adjustment left to bring the zero back in.

Surely I shouldn't be having ths level of hastle with it?

BH

I have now gone out and bought a moderator for it, I expected the zero to maybe drop a little but it has dropped by about 8 inches, I don't have enough adjustment left to bring the zero back in.

Bh

My knowledge on different guns is limited.Does this moderator slip over the barrel and lock into place with a allen key ??

If so .....Is it a snug fit .What i mean is even though it might be a dedicated moderator they are made to fit the average barrel Diameter with no allowances for discrepencies.

This looks to me like the pellet is deflecting off the exit hole.......Remedy is simply put the next size drill bit through it and keep going if you have to :D

Use a black marker pen on the inside of the hole and inspect after each shot.If there is deflection it'll be obvious .

Ive

its not unusual to need to shim the rear of the scope up (closes the eye) to allow for extra elavation.

I have a bushnell 3-9x40 on one of my rifles and that needs quite a bit of packing to allow zeroing.

best way to do it if you want to do it right, is to count how many turns there are from fully down to fuly up on the scope and then use a bit of shim to pack the rear of the scope up and just fine tune zerioing with a few clicks, that way ifanything happens you have pleanty of adjustment either way (up or down)

ROB :D

ps and yes a silnecer can effect the flight of a pellet due to the way the air acts inside the silencer

Edited by roblade

I clamped the gun to a stand and tested the grouping - satisfactory, I adjusted the magnification - no shift. OK so the gun seems ok - I zeroed it clamped to the stand - again it seems OK.

but it has dropped by about 8 inches,

I hear what your saying Rob but this looks like the pellet is actually hitting the silencer :D

Ive

Hey Ive

Wouldn't it make a click or ping or something if it was contacting with the mod? One thing I will say for it is that it is really quiet, a little click from the firing mech and a quiet fsssssssssst as it fires, nothing else.

Shame I can throw the pellets harder and more accurately myself... :P

I am seriously fed up with the S200 now, it is only the fact that I am in work today that is stopping me from going to swap it for a HW97K or Lightning XL. :<

BH

Have a look for any shavings in the moderator. This might give you an indication as to what is happening.

Also if you can collect the pellets and look for damage.

Collecting them could prove difficult though, Anyone have any ideas?

3LTR coke bottle filled with very thick jelly does the job of catching pellets :P

and no you owuldnt hear any noise from the rifle.

cant rember what rifle you having this problem with but try taking the silncer off and giving it a shake also try looking for any signs of where the cliping is taking place (should be along the top of the silencer if its going low)

ROB :)

PS a silncer can make a huge difference to point of impact, avergae fo me if i reclall correctly would be 4-6"depending on what rifle

In my opinion the S410 FEELS better. It feels sturdier and more "complete".

Accuracy wise it would be no different, well better than yours at the moment!

(No offence :P )

The 10 shot mag is well worth it IMHO. It gives you the security of the back up shot (or shots in my case!).

I was looking at a S200 but glad I got the S410.

BH

Get one of these........

The S410 Xtra is the highest powered gun in the Air Arms range. Producing 30-35ftlb (41-47joules) in .22 there is plenty of power for most air rifle applications. Depending on the pellet used velocities of 1000ft/sec in .22 (5.5mm) and 1100ft/sec in .177 (4.5mm).

Depending on what pellet 35-50 shots :P

Ive :)

Which version do you use, there are so many -Classic, Carbine, TDR, Beech Stock, Walnut Stock etc etc etc...

BH

I bought it second hand so it was a .22 carbine in beech stock.

Given the choice I would have gone for a walnut stock. IMHO you get enough shots for a hunting trip in the carbine. It is also easier to throw about. However I am of a big enough build where a classic would not cause any problems either :P