finally moved mitch outside

chris o

well i have finally got me 8 month old springer mitch out in his newly built kennel and run he has spent 2 nights in it so far and not a peep out of him which i am extremly made up with and very proud of as expected him to winge and cry a lot i have put the flap on to the kennel entrance. but he is realy struggeling to work out how to use it what do you guys think would be best way to help and encourage him? i have thought of when i get in to work tomorow is cutting some perspex plastic to the size of the door and use that so he can see through it and it is lighter.

plus do you think it is cruel to keep him on his own outside day and night even though regulary exersized fresh water min 2 times daily and water and draft proof kennel. would like to know your opinions before i take the 12 bore to the mother in laws head and cut her up.

thanks for your help.

well i have finally got me 8 month old springer mitch out in his newly built kennel and run he has spent 2 nights in it so far and not a peep out of him which i am extremly made up with and very proud of as expected him to winge and cry a lot i have put the flap on to the kennel entrance. but he is realy struggeling to work out how to use it what do you guys think would be best way to help and encourage him? i have thought of when i get in to work tomorow is cutting some perspex plastic to the size of the door and use that so he can see through it and it is lighter.

plus do you think it is cruel to keep him on his own outside day and night even though regulary exersized fresh water min 2 times daily and water and draft proof kennel. would like to know your opinions before i take the 12 bore to the mother in laws head and cut her up.

thanks for your help.

Yes it's cruel, I'm bleedin freezin out here.

Get rid of this flap and give me another name, people will think I'm that fat bloke off Pigeonwatch Forum.

Now who's whinging :blush::yes:

thanks for your help.

stand inside with some gravy bones he will work it out quick

Tell your MIL if its upsetting her then she needn't come round any more :lol: Springers are tough lil *******, at that age he should have a nice thick coat to keep

Him warm! You can try puttin sumthin smelly like tripe on the other side of the flap bet he would soon to pushing through into the kennel to get at it :good: