Window tinting.

Cranfield

The back window of my truck use to be heavily tinted so that you could see out, but not see in.

About 5 years ago I broke the glass and the replacement is only slightly tinted.

I carry (and leave) stuff in the back all the time and for security reasons I would like to go back to the heavy tint.

Went to Halfords this morning and their darkest tint was £45 (not including a fixing kit), looking on eBay there is as dark a tint for around £10-12.

Is there really that much difference, taking into account that I am not pimping a top motor, just my truck ?

The back window of my truck use to be heavily tinted so that you could see out, but not see in.

About 5 years ago I broke the glass and the replacement is only slightly tinted.

I carry (and leave) stuff in the back all the time and for security reasons I would like to go back to the heavy tint.

Went to Halfords this morning and their darkest tint was £45 (not including a fixing kit), looking on eBay there is as dark a tint for around £10-12.

Is there really that much difference, taking into account that I am not pimping a top motor, just my truck ?

Being as you already have a slight tint, that will add up so you don't need limo black tints if say you already have a 25% tint.

Also, depending on the amount of tint already on there you want to watch you don't get some too dark that you cant see through on the inside ???

There is a knack to it if you've never done it before, me and my mate (who was also a plasterer at the time) made a right ducks bottom out of it.

Depends what you want the end product to look like, if you don't mind a few bubbles on the edges and its purely for security then give it a go :good:

If you want it to look factory fit and you've not dabbled in the past I'd say go and get a quote from a garage.

To answer your question there is a big difference in quality of film tints, cheap ones don't tend to last long and scratch easier.

Final edit: The tints at Halfrauds are high quality usually but you can get the same quality tints for cheaper if you go to a local auto spares shop!

Edited by Shuck.

Look on Yell for window tinters and local windscreen companies.

For one rear windscreen you might get it done for not much more than buying the film.

I just had two rear quarter windows and the rear window done for about £150. (insurance requirement)