Jimny questions

mosa

Hello all i may be looking to get a jimny but need a few answers 1st

1. i am only looking at around £2000 is there a year i should stay away from?

2. is there anything i should look out for?

3. what speed would they comfortably sit at if used on motorway/long run?

4. mpg around the doors & long run?

5. would i need to change the tyres straight away or would they plod around a farmers field with ease with road tyres?

cheers for any replys!!

Hello all i may be looking to get a jimny but need a few answers 1st

1. i am only looking at around £2000 is there a year i should stay away from?

Pre 2002 have cam belts, with chain timing coming after that, so check the cam belt has been changed or get it done. Engines changed at around 2003/4, but there's not a lot of difference power wise.

2. is there anything i should look out for?

Jimnys have galvanised panels, so are usually clean looking. Check underneath, but they seem to wear well.

On a test drive, accelerate to 60mph. If there's a bad steering wheel wobble at 40/50mph, then the king pins might be going.

Make sure the engine check light comes on, but goes out after ignition. There are loads of sensors that can turn this light on, but Lambda (O2) sensors are the most common.

3. what speed would they comfortably sit at if used on motorway/long run?

I sit mine at about 60mph. Bit loud when you get over that, but it's better for economy though :good:

4. mpg around the doors & long run? I'm getting around 250+ miles per tank (40 litres).5. would i need to change the tyres straight away or would they plod around a farmers field with ease with road tyres?

I've just changed two tyres to something a bit chunkier, but the old ones (3mm road terrain) worked well enough across fields.cheers for any replys!!

Check out http://www.suzuki-forums.com/suzuki-jimny-...-samurai-forum/ and bigjimny.com for loads of technical stuff.

I've had my Jimny for about 3 months, and I love driving it! Bit bumpy sometimes, but it has a stiff frame... But still loads more comfy than a Defender!

Edited by humperdingle