ferret cage

colin lad

have not had ferrets before but have put my name down on 2 young kits will get them in a few weeks so on monday iam going to build a cage for them is there any special requirements they need if any of you have any pics of your cages i could copy i would be very gratefull

colin

Here's those pics.

th_Ferrethutch1.jpg

th_Ferrethutch.jpg

Yep that kind of thing but id use stonger mesh incase they chew out basicly you want to build a bigger version of a rabbit hutch with a felt roof if you have the space i saw a realy good home made single level hutch 8ft long and a 2ft sleeping compartement the roof had hinges and lifted up oh and keep them in a shady spot.

Yep that kind of thing but id use stonger mesh incase they chew out basicly you want to build a bigger version of a rabbit hutch with a felt roof if you have the space i saw a realy good home made single level hutch 8ft long and a 2ft sleeping compartement the roof had hinges and lifted up oh and keep them in a shady spot.

do they not like sunlight ;)???

colin

have you put any tubes in i here they like them also have been told toys but what sort?:good:

Yes, I had drain pipes in there for a while. But they kept slipping on the shiny surface. I will be upgrading to the flexible type of drainage pipe, it is ribbed and flexible so you can change it about so they don't get bored.

As for toys, they will play with anything but cat toys are good.

Tom, I will be upgrading to welded mesh soon. ;)

i have converted my shed into a ferret hutch with loads of shelves and pipes and i went out and bought the flexi tubing after cutting it about to find out my hobs grown to big and now cant fitt though it so that was a waste of 20 pound now have to save up nd get the bigger stuff ;)

My jills just giving birth to some kitts not sure on the sex atm but all the hobs will be going if any intrest pm me ?? ?? ??