Which 17 hmr

zipdog

i have a hmr hw60j rifle and can honestley say that they are the nuts,i will never sell it i like it that much :yes:

I haven't had a chance to shoot .17hmr Hw60J much as I only bought it a week ago, but I'm inclined to agree this one will be a keeper. At first I planned to go for the Anschutz 1570, but I was discouraged a bit by the plain wood on every Anschutz I saw. When I looked at the HW and found one with superb figured wood, I decided to go for the Weihrauch.

The trigger is very smooth and I've been able to shoot sub 1" at just over 100 yard, but haven't been out at the rabbits yet. My version came with a 14" screwcut barrel for £611.

I know it will shoot only as well as a CZ. Anschutz or anything else, but I like the quite old-fashioned look it has and it's certainly well made and finished. It's not particularly loud with a Sacs moderator. If it's as good as the HW66 .22H I once had, I'll be well pleased.

I agree the downside is the four shot magazine.

I haven't had a chance to shoot .17hmr Hw60J much as I only bought it a week ago, but I'm inclined to agree this one will be a keeper. At first I planned to go for the Anschutz 1570, but I was discouraged a bit by the plain wood on every Anschutz I saw. When I looked at the HW and found one with superb figured wood, I decided to go for the Weihrauch.

The trigger is very smooth and I've been able to shoot sub 1" at just over 100 yard, but haven't been out at the rabbits yet. My version came with a 14" screwcut barrel for £611.

I know it will shoot only as well as a CZ. Anschutz or anything else, but I like the quite old-fashioned look it has and it's certainly well made and finished. It's not particularly loud with a Sacs moderator. If it's as good as the HW66 .22H I once had, I'll be well pleased.

I agree the downside is the four shot magazine.

was the weihrauch .22 hornet good? Kind of fancy one :yes:

I'm not desputing that there is better finished rifles out there, there is but i'm a function over form type of guy, my shotguns are Baikal not Browning, I drive a Ford not a BMW but they do the job, Oh yes and i'm a tightwad :good:

was the weihrauch .22 hornet good? Kind of fancy one :good:

Yes, it was an excellent rifle. Relatively quiet and good on foxes to about 180 yards, though I used it mostly for sniping rabbits and magpies on bait. With a big scope and a bipod it was a bit on the heavy side for me when it came to walking. It's more modern looking than the HW60J.

Stupidly, I sold it on a whim to fund a shotgun that didn't fit me!

Yes, it was an excellent rifle. Relatively quiet and good on foxes to about 180 yards, though I used it mostly for sniping rabbits and magpies on bait. With a big scope and a bipod it was a bit on the heavy side for me when it came to walking. It's more modern looking than the HW60J.

Stupidly, I sold it on a whim to fund a shotgun that didn't fit me!

Cheers! It's more for the rabbits and corvids I fancy one for aswell :good: Without wanting to steal the thread, can you pick them up in .22H from new or are they no longer in production?

ATB :lol:

Cheers! It's more for the rabbits and corvids I fancy one for aswell :lol: Without wanting to steal the thread, can you pick them up in .22H from new or are they no longer in production?

ATB :lol:

Hi, Cz,

Sorry for the delay. You can get the HW66 and the HW60J in .22H via Hull Cartridge Company, which is the sole agent/wholesaler in the UK. Full specs at weihrauch-sport.de, which is also in English.

I think I had to wait about 2 months when I got my Hornet. And prices of imports are rising quickly, of course.

Hi, Cz,

Sorry for the delay. You can get the HW66 and the HW60J in .22H via Hull Cartridge Company, which is the sole agent/wholesaler in the UK. Full specs at weihrauch-sport.de, which is also in English.

I think I had to wait about 2 months when I got my Hornet. And prices of imports are rising quickly, of course.

Thanks for the reply! I could only find airguns on that site for some reason :good: 2 months should give me enough time to start reading up on reloading and buying the gear :good: