N550 Night Vision - Who had one?

ellebarto

Someone on here had bought an N550 night vision scope and was doing a bit of a review of it. Anyone else had one and got an opinion as I'm thinking of buying?

I think they said that it was quite good but that the remote control was being fouled by the rifle bolt and they were waiting to hear back from the suppliers?

Just interested to know what that was about and if the suppliers are any good?

Cheers

Lee

Someone on here had bought an N550 night vision scope and was doing a bit of a review of it. Anyone else had one and got an opinion as I'm thinking of buying?

I think they said that it was quite good but that the remote control was being fouled by the rifle bolt and they were waiting to hear back from the suppliers?

Cheers

Lee

I've heard there's a new one getting released this summer with an SD card slot, so you can record your shooting directly to a memory card. It saves lugging a video camera around and I'm sure they'll improve the optics with the new release.

Cheers

Lee

Hi, yep, 'twas me.

No, sadly the distributor has yet to reply or even acknowledge receipt of my e-mail. Hopefully, they're waiting from a response from the manufacturers and not concentrating on new customers at the expense of their old especially as I was so complimentary about the product. The problem is annoying because the remote control is a handy piece of kit. The retailers, Scott Country, were vey switched on and helpful if you are thinking of buying but note Billy's point. Come to think of it, they still owe me £17.5 postage; think I'll mail them both again!

Cheers

PS (edit) Rang instead. Paul at SC really helpful as ever. Am reliably informed that there is no new model imminently due; there is however a modification to permit the attachment of a SD card to avoid the necessity of having the camera plugged in. No further progress to report on the doubler. The remote problem is in hand as I write; Paul is talking with the manufacturers.

Edited by wymberley