cracking day even better night

cocker3

after such a crcking day decided to have a walk round my shoot tonight to see if i could pick off a fox thats been causing a bit of bother.

checked a couple of holes but no joy so i just went for a walk round to see what i could see .

on the back of a hedge that runs along side one of our bean fields i noticed lots of roe tracks that werent the other night i was busy looking at roe tracks

when i noticed a fox trotting up the hedge towards me so a quick shot and down it went .it was a vixen that had had cubs but was dry of milk

i new what set she had been using from the direction she had come from so sat out at the set but no joy the cubs would not come out the hole and i could just see there ears so ill go back first light and try and get them .

on the way back to the car along the bean field a young buck was feeding 50 yrds from where i shot the vixen so had a wee stalk in on him (200yrd down to 75 yrds)after a good look i could tell he was quite thin and in not very good condition so i decide to shoot him as there are far nicer buck of the same age around so all in all worth the walk

Edited by cocker3