Having your certificate with you?

spence

Not really. Its mainly when some one calls in saying there's a person in a field in camo gear with a gun shooting things. I was on the rural team and gave talks to other departments and call takers on the team and country pursuits to give them a better understanding of what was going on. I've since moved departments, but my mate on the team still gives the talks.

I had some really good feedback from various departments, as they had not had any understanding of what went on in the countryside before.

The biggest help for me wasn't the person in possession of there SGC or FAC, but permission slips.

???

eeeek! I shoot over 3 farms and only have a permission slip from one of them! The other two i dont see very often cos they're always busy.

On my travels i do see rural Police cars (normally black 4x4's) and its good to hear that officers who dont frequent in these circles are aware of what goes on in the countryside through talks.

I always carry my SGC and insurance with me. Sometimes I notify the Police of my location too if close to footpaths, cycleways etc..

This would probably help greatly but don't reduce your chances of being stopped or having an armed response unit since I heard if a member of the public phones that somebody is shooting, the police HAVE to attend the incident even though they probably know who it is.

This must work on new licences then as my photocopy doesn't have it :yes:

My old one copied but have had this licence a couple of years so it isn't brand new technology in the paper or something - haven't tried just scanning but photocopying always leave the copy with FRAUD all over it. I wouldnt have thought it was just a West Midland thing, someone else must have tried it as well and got the same results. :good: