Homemade 410 moderator

3jackwhite3

Reading the original poster, it mentions the OD of the outer tubing is approx 40mm and the OD of the inner tubing 15mm-18mm. Both tubes need to extends approx 20cm past the end of the barrel .. will this be enough regards the shot spread (20cm) ... l was thinking maybe 23cm or is that unnecessary?

I'm going to attempt making one for a Webley & Scott .410 bolt action. Its full choked .. anyone got some useful info, much appreciate

• 7 years later...

Hello everybody,

Since the 1th of July the restrictions on silencers/moderators have been lifted here in Sweden. Now it is even legal to build your own!

I would really like a silencer for my Mossberg 500E .410 and the only company making these (or the only one I can find) is HushPower in the UK. Since the UK is not a part of the EU anymore, it makes it a little tricky to buy it an get it shipped here.

That`s why would like to try and make one myself :) 

I`m planning on using the same method as the author of this thread.

For the pipe that goes over the barrel I have found a hydraulic pipe 20x2 mm. So the inner diameter of this pipe is 16 mm (the outer diameter of the barrel is 15,5 mm). My question is what drill size should I use for making all of the "gas venting holes"? I have drillbits in 4,0 mm and 6,5 mm. When all of the holes are drilled, I will wrap it in aluminum net.

For the outer pipe I have found an old Maglite flashlight made in 3 mm thick aluminum. My worry is that the inner diameter of this flashlight is only 34 mm. Will it be enough to make a difference in noise level? Or should I try to find a pipe that is at least 50 mm inner diameter?

Thank you!

//Christian

PS: Yes, I realize this thread is really old, sorry :) :DS

Edited by Beffe
Spelling gone wrong...