2x 22lr

ringneck

hi guys,

been reading posts on here nearly every night, but not much to say hence few posts myself.

Anyway, been out after rabbits a few times over last month with a couple of the lads from our syndicate. I am thinking of getting my FAC for a 22lr - my question is if I wanted to get a b/a (ie cz) & a semi I'd need to show good reason for having 2 right? Reading other posts i could request 2 so 1 can have nightsights on without having to re-zero, but what if i haven't bought a nightsight by the :good: time comes to renew cert?

also is there a max number of FAC's that would be granted for a certain piece of land? :yes:

hi guys,

been reading posts on here nearly every night, but not much to say hence few posts myself.

Anyway, been out after rabbits a few times over last month with a couple of the lads from our syndicate. I am thinking of getting my FAC for a 22lr - my question is if I wanted to get a b/a (ie cz) & a semi I'd need to show good reason for having 2 right? Reading other posts i could request 2 so 1 can have nightsights on without having to re-zero, but what if i haven't bought a nightsight by the :rolleyes: time comes to renew cert? No great problem having 2 calibres the same (or more) but you must present the right case to your region...some are easier than others!!

also is there a max number of FAC's that would be granted for a certain piece of land? Not that I am aware, but inevitably you must reach a point when the FEO thinks someone is taking the ****!! :angry:

Edited by Dekers

I would suggest you get a bolt action unless you are doing ALOT of shooting where follow up shots are needed quick, its also pointless if you have say a scope which is always on x24 mag, as you wont see to take a follow up :good:

They are going to really want to now why you want a semi and B/A?

I dont think night shooting will be enough to get you a 2x22LR's, as you can use night vision jsut as well with a bolt action :angry: ..I have 2x HMR's, and I actually told my FEO that one was going to be my sons to use, and he was fine with it. So it depends on the officer really, and whether he will sign to it..but especially after these events I would get you applicaiton in for a semi .22LR quick, and I would try and say something along the lines that it will be a dedicated night vision unit, and changing the scope constantly will be very difficult :rolleyes:

Steve

thanks for reply steve, :rolleyes:

'They are going to really want to now why you want a semi and B/A?'

The semi & b/a isn't relly the main issue for me.

I didn't think I'd get more than 1x 22lr on my ticket without good reason - plus as a bonus this would allow me to upgrade or change rifles without having a gap between selling 1 & getting another in the future - there's the occasional bargain that comes up on here or example. :angry:

'I would try and say something along the lines that it will be a dedicated night vision unit, and changing the scope constantly will be very difficult'

This was my thinking, but if i haven't got/sold a night vision sight when FEO visits for renewal will a 2nd space on my ticket be takn off? (got a couple of drains on my resources - 1x 3yrs old & 1x6yrs, not to menion the cost of running a wife! :lol: )

what if I've only 1x 22lr at that time? :good:

"I am thinking of getting my FAC for a 22lr - my question is if I wanted to get a b/a (ie cz) & a semi I'd need to show good reason for having 2 right? Reading other posts i could request 2 so 1 can have nightsights on without having to re-zero, but what if i haven't bought a nightsight by the hmm1.gif time comes to renew cert?"

I might get slaughtered for this but, just playing devil's advocate in light of current events, does this not sound like someone applying for what they WANT rather than what they NEED? Ringneck, you may well need the two rifles you are talking about, but please re-read your original post and imagine an anti reading it and the ensuing reaction?? You're going to apply for a dedicated night vision rifle, but in the next breath say you will happily buy the rifles, but might not have bought the night vision part within 5 years?? Come on, doesn't sound very essential to me!

Like I've already said, if you do need them, please can you put it in a slightly better way, and if you don't, please consider the possible consequences especially at this very difficult time.

"I am thinking of getting my FAC for a 22lr - my question is if I wanted to get a b/a (ie cz) & a semi I'd need to show good reason for having 2 right? Reading other posts i could request 2 so 1 can have nightsights on without having to re-zero, but what if i haven't bought a nightsight by the hmm1.gif time comes to renew cert?"

I might get slaughtered for this but, just playing devil's advocate in light of current events, does this not sound like someone applying for what they WANT rather than what they NEED? Ringneck, you may well need the two rifles you are talking about, but please re-read your original post and imagine an anti reading it and the ensuing reaction?? You're going to apply for a dedicated night vision rifle, but in the next breath say you will happily buy the rifles, but might not have bought the night vision part within 5 years?? Come on, doesn't sound very essential to me!

Like I've already said, if you do need them, please can you put it in a slightly better way, and if you don't, please consider the possible consequences especially at this very difficult time.

see where u could've got that impression, but i am only thinking forward to renewal time - if i had sold my night sight.