Shot at Lupton today

webber

I shot at Lupton today with 10WM, we went around with a couple of regulars, I later bumped into BlaserF3.

Having sampled yet another of the most excellent steak pies, we finished shooting in glorious weather. As we were putting the gear into the Rangie, one of the locals said that he was going to Bigland Hall to shoot some down the line. 10WM fancied a blast so off we went to find a ground that I had tried to locate about 10 years ago, but failed.

We found the ground easy enough, it wasn't too difficult as Brians car was parked across the gates. Brian explained that the ground had closed early due to a wedding close by. He went on to explain that the owner was on his way up to the ground to show 10WM and I his facilities. A few minutes passed by and a 4x4 arrived, the gates were opened and we followed along a track to a parking area and portacabins. Brian introduced us to the owner, who was keen to show us his two DTL / double trap layouts, and compak sporting, he has used the rocky terrain to great effect, and I look forward to shooting the compak sporting layout in the near future. There are plans afoot to install a Skeet layout in the not too distant future, not my cup of tea, but the ground is trying to cater for all preferences.

The ground is still under a degree of construction but is currently being quite well patronised both by local shooters and corporate clients. The ground has catering facilities and proper flush toilets, both Ladies and Gents. Given the location such a provision is no mean feat, although Gents should not be alarmed when they go for a pee; please do not head directly to A & E or the drop in medical centre after you've finished. The colour of the water is derived from the peet through which the water supply to flush the toilets passes.

The ground is open through the week and alternate Sundays, its best to call to obtain correct times and days.

Telephone 01229 861517

Mobile 07778 528478

Email biglandoutdoors@hotmail.co.uk

Website www.biglandoutdoordays.co.uk

webber

webber,

I used to shoot there years ago and I assumed that as a shooting ground that it had closed.

Jon C had his lessons there and I thought it just did tuition and game shooting. I shall give them a ring later today for some more info.

Is the track suitable for ordinary vehicles?

M.

webber,

I used to shoot there years ago and I assumed that as a shooting ground that it had closed.

Jon C had his lessons there and I thought it just did tuition and game shooting. I shall give them a ring later today for some more info.

Is the track suitable for ordinary vehicles?

M.

The track is suitable non 4x4 vehicles.

webber

Hi all,

I had my early lessons there and the facilities were just adequate and no more. But there was talk of improvements and opening as a "proper" shooting ground. This has all taken place now and the place looks quite good.

I shot there a few weeks ago on a Sunday morning. Tagged on with a couple beginners like me and we shot the 30 bird sporting. Only 3 stands so quite limited but I enjoyed it. The DTL and ABT look like the real thing as does the Compak layout. All the paths have been relaid and there are refreshments available.

Personally I prefer the multi stand sporting layout at Lupton but Bigland is well worth a visit if your at a loose end on a Sunday morning or if you want to shoot DTL etc.

Jon

Webber Hi have fished Bigland both coarse and trout, but where is Lupton? Is it far from the town of the Monkey(Heywood) would appreciate rough location as we're running out of grounds around here.

M6, junction 36; take signs for Skipton.

A few miles down the road is a pub on the right called the Plough.

Immediatley opposite on your left is a lane.

Follow the lane, and then the signs for the shooting ground.

Shoots on Wednesdays afternoons and Saturday.

BlaserF3 will correct me if I'm wrong.

webber