the weather

markyboy

was out yest over some rape,it was very warm and there was alot of pigeons flying around and just making for small wood,or day time roost if you like,they hadnt been away feeding anywhere else cos the few we shot the crops were all empty. does the weather play alot to do with the behaviour of the pigeon? with it now being overcast and alot cooler today in my area im wondering if today would have been a better day for it?

cheers

Hi, just a heads up. If you've not come accross it yet, Google, or whatever, XC Weather. I got fed up with the Met Office getting it wrong and in the past few months since I tripped over this lot they've been spot on. The advantage is is that its local to you via your post code.

Cheers

explain then? whats the best conditions

In a nutshell...windy but not too much and cloudy. Not too much (low) pressure. Having said that where pigeons are concerned you never know and people will tell you that they've had excellent bags on days when it should never happen and had no joy on days when it should...that's pigeon shooting for you and if you can't handle the bad days then take up golf! :)

today was the worst day ive had. 3 pigeons and not alot else,cloudy slight wind and very humid and close. hardly saw a pigeon. some of the audult birds im shooting are very thin. is there a reason for this this time of year? not all of them just a few.