Thursday 1st July - Poole, Dorset - Lamping or simlar

Looks like I am having to attend a meeting in Poole, Dorset on the 2nd of july so am facing a night in a hotel alone with nothing to do so was wandering if there was anyone in the local area who may be out lamping that evening that wouldnt mind a tag along ?

:good:

Just incase no-one can do anything on this date, can anyone recomend a place thats good to eat around poole ?

Also havent done any salt water fishing in a few years but have my spinning and beach gear still so whats the fishing like down there at the moment ?

There is a good fish resteraunt just after you get off the chain ferry, cant remember its name and the bass fishing is ok in the channel that the ferry crosses. fishing is a bit slow here, Most soecies seem to be late but if you dont try you will never know

doc

• 2 weeks later...

hi salop sniper

cant help with the lamping, the guy i shoot with has justsold his rifle and is waiting for a new one in 3 weeks. if you in poole town then theres a good fish restaurant called the guild hall. best curry house is the tandoori nights or all you can eat ****** called wok n spice. if you like real ale then its the poole arms or the angel. good luck and enjoy your night

cheers

nige

Just incase no-one can do anything on this date, can anyone recomend a place thats good to eat around poole ?

Also havent done any salt water fishing in a few years but have my spinning and beach gear still so whats the fishing like down there at the moment ?

:lol:

Nice few mackerill down On Chesil at the moment, about a 40 minute drive, you can get down to Sandbanks (by the ferry and try spinning for bass, but like Doc says, can really get out with the lamp at the moment, what with second cut silage growing and corn everywhere.

I would really liked to of helped aswell, I know what it is like staying away from home with nothing to do ;)

hi salop sniper

cant help with the lamping, the guy i shoot with has justsold his rifle and is waiting for a new one in 3 weeks. if you in poole town then theres a good fish restaurant called the guild hall. best curry house is the tandoori nights or all you can eat ****** called wok n spice. if you like real ale then its the poole arms or the angel. good luck and enjoy your night

cheers

nige

*looks across at wife and wanders "could I sneak down the Angel for a few? I wander if she would pick me up?"*

Never mind, a curry and a pint it is then.

Will go for the tandori nights and a pint in the arms or angel.

Will take a book but am not the bigest of readers !

Should be at my hotel for 6ish if the traffics moving well, around a 4 hour journey !

Am fancying poadoms, cheese nan extra cheese and a lamb dish, followed buy a good ale or pint of cobra, king fisher or tiger !

Last time I was there the RNLI were training in the harbour so I watched them for an hour and then took a wander down to a beachy area where I had a 10 minute chat to 2 anglers before heading back for an early night !

Just wish i had an I touch or acess to wi-fi so i could come on here for a good catch up ! :good:

Cheers for the recomendations Nige, great curry and a good pint !

As it happened there was a fireworks display in the harbour and the main drag was closed off and full of street entertainers and live bands !

Looks like I landed lucky ! :angry:

Cheers for the recomendations Nige, great curry and a good pint !

As it happened there was a fireworks display in the harbour and the main drag was closed off and full of street entertainers and live bands !

Looks like I landed lucky ! :drinks:

glad you had a good night, let us know if you come down again, ill get a leave pass signed and pop out for a half or we will be lamping again, lots of cubs to get round and a rabbit explosion too,

cheers

nige :-)