Ruger M77 MKII VT (varmint target) in 22-250

*****SOLD (pending usual)********

Stainless heavy barrel, threaded 5/8" unvf (24tpi) and laminate stock. Two stage fully adjustable trigger (to 18oz) and three stage safety.

Overall the gun is 9.5/10 condition, recently recrowned (when rethreaded from 1/2") and bore scoped by gunsmith and declared to be in "very good condition".

The gun is always cleaned after every outing - whether one shot or five have been taken - and stored, moderator off, muzzle down. Cleaning is always full rodding with patches (not just bore snaked) and before putting it away I put one last patch through with gun oil - which I then bore snake clean before going out.

One holes home loads at 100 yards and sub 1" at 200.

Comes with two sets of Ruger stainless rings (1" and 30mm), 50 fire formed Remington cases, full info on developed loads and a .pdf manual.

For more info on the VT see http://www.egpworld.com/RUGERVT/default.htm or Google M77 MKII VT for Gun Mart and Chuck Hawkes opinions. S/H .204 equivalent on Guntrader is £1499 (with scope).

This rifle took over 90 foxes last year plus quite a few munties - pictures of typical 100 yard groups below (with homeloads and factory ammo). It is a better rifle than I am a shot.

Scope & sling not included.

Now £440

post-10326-1279708651.jpg

post-10326-1279708744.jpg

post-10326-1279708770.jpg

post-10326-1279708837.jpg

Edited by Eyefor

Have you had the rifle from new please. Also how many rounds in total has the barrel seen???

Looking at the picture it looks to have an hinged floor plate, how many rounds does the mag hold???

Can you tell me what mod you had on the rifle, if T8 is there any marks from the bush on the barrel, and what does the rifle weigh.

ATB

Have you had the rifle from new please. Also how many rounds in total has the barrel seen???

Looking at the picture it looks to have an hinged floor plate, how many rounds does the mag hold???

Can you tell me what mod you had on the rifle, if T8 is there any marks from the bush on the barrel, and what does the rifle weigh.

ATB

Hi,

I haven't had the rifle from new - I'm the second owner but I knew the first owner & he doubted it had 200 rounds through in 5 years. Total number of rounds is between 1200 and 1300 but (as stated in the Ad) my gunsmith bore scoped it & reckons it is like new and advised the heavy duty barrels are good for 10K+ rounds.

It has the hinged floor plate - mag holds 4 plus 1 in the chamber.

I have a Wildcat P8 and there are no marks on the barrel. Rifle weighs (guess) about 8 1/2 Lbs.

Let me know if any more info required - if you want to chat about it PM me your phone number?

ATB

Iain

PS This is the second "VT" I've owned - the first one I sold to a guy who sells stalking and uses it as an estate rifle - and still shoots fantastic after thousands of rounds.

Edited by Eyefor

Thanks for the info. I'm going to look a little further into the rifle but i might be a little heavey for the amount of walking i do whilst foxing.

I thought it was a tad heavy - but then bought a niggoleh neoprene sling (about £20) which is excellent & it now just seems like a normal rifle. The upside is that it sits firm on the sticks?

You would be welcome try try it if you want.

I cant believe no one wants this - 300+ views and not one serious interest :lol:

Anyway, I've got a brand new rifle at a very good price waiting for this to be sold - so does anyone want to make an offer - otherwise I'll keep it?

Stainless heavy barrel, threaded 5/8" unvf (24tpi) and laminate stock. Two stage fully adjustable trigger (to 18oz) and three stage safety.

Overall the gun is 9.5/10 condition, recently recrowned (when rethreaded from 1/2") and bore scoped by gunsmith and declared to be in "very good condition".

The gun is always cleaned after every outing - whether one shot or five have been taken - and stored, moderator off, muzzle down. Cleaning is always full rodding with patches (not just bore snaked) and before putting it away I put one last patch through with gun oil - which I then bore snake clean before going out.

One holes home loads at 100 yards and sub 1" at 200.

Comes with two sets of Ruger stainless rings (1" and 30mm), 50 fire formed Remington cases, full info on developed loads and a .pdf manual.

For more info on the VT see http://www.egpworld.com/RUGERVT/default.htm or Google M77 MKII VT for Gun Mart and Chuck Hawkes opinions. S/H .204 equivalent on Guntrader is £1499 (with scope).

This rifle took over 90 foxes last year plus quite a few munties - pictures of typical 100 yard groups below (with homeloads and factory ammo). It is a better rifle than I am a shot.

Scope & sling not included.

post-10326-1280425203.jpg

post-10326-1280425214.jpg

post-10326-1280425258.jpg

post-10326-1280425312.jpg