Ear protection when in the field

Degalle79

I have to confess that my hearing has been damaged by years of shooting without ear protection,

It was only when I started having a few clay sessions that I used foam ear plugs and then quickly got Emtec in ear protection (I hate the ear muff type).

Even then I only wore them clay shooting, but in the last 4-5 years I wear them for any "session" shooting, whether its in a hide, or for a driven day.

I was told by an Otologist that even if you have not worn ear protection for years, any time is still a good time to start and you will get some benefit.

I still don't wear them for a quick walk round the woods, or similar excursions.........when will we learn. :good:

I'am afraid we come from an era Cranfield that thought you a woosie if you wore hearing protectors . We have now become aware of the dangers of shooting without ear protection . Or as my good wife says , " theres non so deaf as those who dont want to hear " .

Harnser .

Are these electronic, i suppose what i mean is do they just block out the bang leaving it easy to have a conversation with them in?

They are not electronic, they work as a series of baffles.

They reduce the sharpness and the volume of the shot, but standard conversation is quite possible whilst wearing them.