Winchester SX3??? Too buy or not too buy???

Wrighty112

I bought an SX3 about a month ago, brand new and all I can say is I definitely believe I made the right choice.

I have nothing bad to say about it. Quality, feel, recoil, finish etc etc all spot on.

Go for it. :)

Edited by Dibs

pro's

nice handling.

lighter than beretta 391.

faster than a 391, if that matters to you.

cheaper than a 391.

very reliable, not had a single misfeed in mine, but i'm only using 28 gram cartridges.

cons

its cheaper for a reason, theres lots of plastic in there. inside as well as outside.

quite a 'small' gun, stocks and forends very slimline.

this could be a pro or con dependant on your build and how it feels to you.

like mine, very good gun for the money.

I bought one recently and love I purchaded the composite model 28" so soft to shoot, light, pointable, good strong ejection and having downed over 300 pigeons already :) you could say IM over the moon it even cycled some 67mm trap carts so it cant be that bad, it lists as only to be used with 2.3/4", 3" and 3.1/2" carts, the only one thing is that there is no magazine cutoff but you just lift the shell carrier up a bit as you pull back the bolt to eject the chambered cartridge and this stops another cartridge being chambered giving you the same effect if it bothers you.

Im currently on the last of 250 of RC2, 28g, number 6 shot, cycled them all without a problem.

ID recomend one anyday.

Alan

You know what they are a sexy looking gun...Aesthetically better looking than my Benelli M2

BUT their a gas gun, so my needs are different to yours, I can't afford a jam ever, the M2 has no gas parts, inertia operated, cycling low power loads can be an issue but not for me, a good choice of gun the SX3 as an all-rounder just be prepared for the strip downs when needed, try to try both before you buy.. :)