Solicitor with firearms expertise needed

Hook line and sinker with both expected catches DaveK amd MarkB :good::good:

Nearly as good as foxing, innit al4x :crazy:;)

Someone has to point out that there's more available than BASC who will admittedly represent someone if they think there's a chance of winning but only after it's gone through their bureaucratic processes and then only maybe. They're very good with advice (especially Mike Eveleigh who I've spoken to many times when I was a member).

An individual asks for the help at their point of need and not sooner or later and maybe. Not necessarily banging a SACS drum as there are other organisations who hardly ever get, and deserve, a mention. There's far more BASC adulation on here as if it is the only source of help. SACS will get a firearms knowledgeable solicitor on the job straight away when he's needed. BASC won't.

It's better to have and not need, than to need and find that you haven't got it. That's why I'm with the frock wearing organisation and I hope I never need it. Equally applied to members of ALL other organisations and the sooner they all get together with a common approach the better it will be for all of us.

Thanks for the input and PMs everyone. I have passed the info on and my friend is burning the phones as we speak.

For the record this appears to be a case of someone needing back up because they haven't done anything wrong but somebody in uniform seems hell bent on finding something to cause them grief.

I agree with everyone having at least one membership with legal insurance and just as importantly third party liability insurance. I am with BASC but I will also be researching our Scottish friends as well, thanks for the tip.

It is not just that you are covered if someone gets hurt by you it is also that if you are well insured you are worth sueing. If you hurt someone, even in a perfectly understandable accident, they need financial help to get through the rest of their lives and that means millions of pound. Most of us just aren't wealthy enough to be worth persuing for that kind of dosh so we had better belong to a pool of insured people to stump up the cash. My other half looks after folks badly damaged who can't look after themselves, basic cost is about 3 grand a week before therapies start and that is 3K a week for life plus lost earning to support their families etc etc.

Everyone, please, please, please pay your fees to BASC or similar.

Thanks again to everyone

I think if you hold an FAC or SGC its worth the sixty odd pound to be a member of BASC.You never know what you may come up against these days if you use or carry firearms.

Just my opinion mind you

Dave

Especially when a solicitor will charge you £150 just to make one phone call and over £600 an hour if he actually does any work. Plus at least £1000 on top if he has to attend court and you are into the 10s of thous if an advocate is briefed.

Next to estate agents, there's none greedier than lawyers.

Especially when a solicitor will charge you £150 just to make one phone call and over £600 an hour if he actually does any work. Plus at least £1000 on top if he has to attend court and you are into the 10s of thous if an advocate is briefed.

Next to estate agents, there's none greedier than lawyers.

Maybe but be aware of the professional bodies fees and indemnity they have to pay, the indemnity for the solicitor my mum works for is £40k a year or £770 a WEEK he has to find before other overheads etc.

Jon.