Wells Next The Sea

Lampwick

I'm off to Wells for a few days R&R. Do any of you Norfolk boys have any beach/estuary fishing advice for me?

Only managed a few schoolies last year!

Also any thoughts on Cromer pier fishing?

Cheers

ps two years or so ago there were loads of cockles last year there appeared to have been a big problem with next to none loads of them had died! Any ideas what happened?

I'm off to Wells for a few days R&R. Do any of you Norfolk boys have any beach/estuary fishing advice for me?

Only managed a few schoolies last year!

Also any thoughts on Cromer pier fishing?

Cheers

ps two years or so ago there were loads of cockles last year there appeared to have been a big problem with next to none loads of them had died! Any ideas what happened?

I've not fished it but earlier this summer we were up that way and called in at Weybourne beach near Sheringham.

It seemed to be a favourite fishing spot because it's a shingle beach, so no swimmers, and the tide doesn't go out very far there so, whatever time of day, you can fish.

At least, that's what I was told by several of the blokes who were fishing it. :lol:

I've not fished it but earlier this summer we were up that way and called in at Weybourne beach near Sheringham.

It seemed to be a favourite fishing spot because it's a shingle beach, so no swimmers, and the tide doesn't go out very far there so, whatever time of day, you can fish.

At least, that's what I was told by several of the blokes who were fishing it. :lol:

Cheers good tip! I will give it a go.

if your spinning wells is good for bass, best time to fish 2 hours either side of hogh tide follow the water out of the eastery out to the bar as it drops and follow it back in as it rises, keep and i eye for sea birds feeding thats where the bait fish will be that the bass are feeding on. Weybourn is good for bait fishing and poss still a few mackrell on feathers.

hope it helps

tom

Both are on the list my little boy can't wait for the train and I suppose I could pop in the Albatross!

Cheers

If you walk past Pinewoods caravan site it will take you onto the Holkham estate and the beaches there are glorious.It looks like you've stepped back in time with brightly coloured wooden beach huts! Stunning place.

Be very careful with the tides though because that entire section is a funny coastline and it can come in behind you.

Enjoy!!!

if your spinning wells is good for bass, best time to fish 2 hours either side of hogh tide follow the water out of the eastery out to the bar as it drops and follow it back in as it rises, keep and i eye for sea birds feeding thats where the bait fish will be that the bass are feeding on. Weybourn is good for bait fishing and poss still a few mackrell on feathers.

hope it helps

tom

Cheers Tom, I will give it a go.

Didnt know we could catch mackrell from the beach up here! Is it worth a go?

If you walk past Pinewoods caravan site it will take you onto the Holkham estate and the beaches there are glorious.It looks like you've stepped back in time with brightly coloured wooden beach huts! Stunning place.

Be very careful with the tides though because that entire section is a funny coastline and it can come in behind you.

Enjoy!!!

Cheers, we have rented a static on the site again this year, it is cracking out there, booked a beach hut too!

Come on sun!!!!!!!!! sea and :cry1::/