which muckboots????

sv-mark

I am going to get me some muckboots but not being able to try them on or look at them due to no local retailers I would like a bit of advice please.

first off I belive I will be getting the TAYS but do I get the Tay sports or just the std Tays?

will the sports be too warm most of the time?

also I take a size 9 shoe so would I have a 9 in the boots or go a size bigger?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
I am going to get me some muckboots but not being able to try them on or look at them due to no local retailers I would like a bit of advice please.

first off I belive I will be getting the TAYS but do I get the Tay sports or just the std Tays?

Thanks

Hi mate,

I can't comment on the model you mention but I have the Derwent in a size 9. They are very comfy when worn all day and I would recommend them. My feet don't get too hot in them and they'll be appreciated over the winter months.

They do seem to come up large though mate. I have to wear two pairs of socks with mine.

I've had muckboots (esk) & also grubs stalker boots, both of these I got in a size larger than needed to accomodate thick socks.

Both of these boots split at the side where the upper joins the sole, at the point where they flex (ball of foot area).

Whether I've just been unlucky or getting a larger size is the cause I don't know, but its something to consider!

Until they split I was more than happy with performance of both these boots, grubs had edge for grip, muckboots for warmth.

Edited by mez75

I've had muckboots (esk) & also grubs stalker boots, both of these I got in a size larger than needed to accomodate thick socks.

Both of these boots split at the side where the upper joins the sole, at the point where they flex (ball of foot area).

Whether I've just been unlucky or getting a larger size is the cause I don't know, but its something to consider!

Until they split I was more than happy with performance of both these boots, grubs had edge for grip, muckboots for warmth.

If your neoprene boots split, use Black Witch neoprene glue. Readily available on net and from all good diving shops. I used it on my dry suits and it's very, very good.

These are the best boot sI have ever owned, in fact just bought a second reserve pair:

http://www.discountwellies.co.uk/ProductDe...sp?Product=Muck Boot Lune Wellingtons

so will you be leaving the comfort of the fire side and actually do some shooting now then?:good: & your link dont work lol

These Muckboots are the dogs- I just prefer good old leather

Les :good:

Edited by Lez325

Thanks

Hi sv-mark,

I have the std Tay's and they are very warm so I don't think you would need the Tay sports.

I went for a size bigger but to be honest I didn't need too as the same size would have been

big enough for also wearing thicker socks in winter.

One thing though, the chunky soles on the Tay's are very good in muddy fields but a little bit

slippy on wet/icy concrete/tarmac. If I were to buy new muckboots then I think I would go for

the Esk as it still has the high rubber (easier to clean) before the neo starts and they have a

more general purpose sole, hope this helps.

ATB

John

Hi sv-mark,

I have the std Tay's and they are very warm so I don't think you would need the Tay sports.

I went for a size bigger but to be honest I didn't need too as the same size would have been

big enough for also wearing thicker socks in winter.

One thing though, the chunky soles on the Tay's are very good in muddy fields but a little bit

slippy on wet/icy concrete/tarmac. If I were to buy new muckboots then I think I would go for

the Esk as it still has the high rubber (easier to clean) before the neo starts and they have a

more general purpose sole, hope this helps.

ATB

Johnas above ive got the tays great boots but awful on wet concrete and wet hard sufaces

Edited by linny

I bought the Tay Sport last winter and could not have been happier last winter, 4 hours stood in several inches of frozen slush and muck and my feet were hot, not warm-actually hot. If I had realised they came in Camo I would have gone for those.

Yes, they can be too hot if you were them in sunny conditions but I only did that when I forgot to pack the walking boots.

I wouldn't be without a pair again.