Deben LEDRay GL2 or GL4 Lamp

Ian750

I'm thinking of investing in a scope mounted lamp for night time bunny bashing missions. Having read all the bad posts about the Lightforce 170 and 140 wiring problems I think I'll give those a wide berth. I'd also prefer something a little less top heavy and really like the sleek look of the LEDRay series.

Any opinions good or bad will be most appreciated.

http://www.deben.com/lights_lamping/ledray.php

My first, and only lamp is the GL2 so can't really compare to anything, however in white light it appears to do as advertised (90m) but with a filter is probably only good for 40m or so (suits me for rabbits just fine). Build quality seems good but would have prefered remote switch to be smaller and latching (not sure anybody does this though). 1" and 30mm fittings supplied so all in all it suits me even though it was £66 for what is essentially a torch ! If you know about these things have a look on dealextreme as there are plenty of cheap units on there, plus spare leds and switches for very little money (been buying tat off there for years with no problems at all)

I have one that lives on the foregrip of my Semi, I have a GL4 and also have the charging kit for it. Its a fine bit of kit, very well made and with the red filter is good enough for foxing at short ranges. Mine has taken plenty of abuse and is still going strong.

Nice one, thanks for the feedback, sounds like the GL4 would suit my needs very well! :good:

• 2 weeks later...
I've got the GL4 and find the white light is fine up to over 100yards for rabbits,and i've picked out eyes at 200+yards,also have re-chargeable batteries and charger from e-bay £9.00 including delivery! much cheaper than Deben!

Alan :good:

Hi alan atom pro mate got gl2 aswell but it makes a better tourch bit to white and with filter tad to dark, the atom pro comes with dimmer and the lithium batt lasts for ever!!!!!!

Another vote for dealextreme, I got a Ultrafire WF-501B, with mounts and pressure switch it worked out, lighter brighter and cheaper than the Tesco one.

Careful with the filters though, the Ledray GL2 ones fit fine on my torch but LED light doesn't have much red in it, so a red filter really knocks the range down, amber works well though.