wild fowling costs

darren m

just wondering how much it may cost to join a wildfowling club , trouble is i live in land locked nottinghamshire.

i dont mind traveling for a good days outing and of course there are inland waters. no idea of prices etc .

anyone suggest anywhere that may be accesible and affordable

They all include full membership of BASC.

To apply for permits under the BASC scheme, you do not have to be a member of another wildfowling club but, obviously, you do have to be a member of BASC.

For anyone interested in wildfowling, the cheapest way to get full BASC benefits and a lot of wildfowling is to join your local/nearest wildfowling club and then use the permit scheme to try out the marshes of other clubs.

For example, for anyone who lives in Scotland or even who visits once or twice a season, it can be a good idea to join ESAWC. That not only gives you full membership of BASC but also allows you to shoot geese and ducks on the club's private shooting near Edinburgh. As a BASC member, you can then obviously apply for permits on other clubs' shooting in many areas of England and Wales under the BASC permit scheme.

Full membership of ESAWC costs £66 a year and that includes full BASC membership.

The other point to bear in mind is that if you join more than one wildfowling club (a lot of wildfowlers belong to 3 or 4), you can reclaim all the duplicate subscriptions from BASC, so, in effect, you only pay one BASC subscription and that is at the discounted club rate anyway. Great value for money.

thanks guys very interesting :ernyha:

wildfowling looks like a very good way and very reasonably priced way to get a few days shooting.

because of traveling time , i think i would only go a half a doz times per season , but i would also like the oppertunity to travel up to scotland on occasion ,

so living where i do whats my best option / club to join ?