First left and right.

MM

I arranged to meet a few lads from The hunting Life to do some ratting with the dogs this morning, so as i was going to be early, i decided to take the shotgun and have a go before they arrived. Managed a couple of easy birds to start with. I poked my head through the hedge, and saw a couple of birds comming in low and fast. As they cleared the hedge and lifted, i dropped the rear of the two (i was thinking i might at least hit one of them) and then i followed through and fired again. To my utter shock, the second bird dropped as well :D I had pricked the second one, and it was swiftly dispatched ( i managed to remove its head :good: ). As i wondered back to collect them, i reloaded, and a crow offered me the easiest shot ive ever had. Right over my head, at the slowest of slow speeds. ??? The dog loads arrived about 1030, and we only had 4 rats for a lot of effort. Still, 4 is better than none.

ended up with 6 pigeons and a crow and 4 rats. ???

leftandrightbirds002.jpg

Edited by MM

Well done.Where did you put the Rats?It would have been nice to see them in the pics. :hmm:

took the pics before the lads arrived, and they burried them as they were killed. :no: The birds went the the dog lads as they have ferrets and hawks. I cant offer them anything else apart from working the dogs, and some free feed.

I remember the feeling well, the downside is the jaw ache after a few days of having a constant grin!!

The dreaded left and right just wouldn't happen for me, the easier the chance, the more nerves would kick in for that second shot. Then one very good day out with my good friend Deny Essex, I got my first left and right :hmm: , this was followed by 2 more left and rights the same day :no::good:

Well done mate, as they say, you never forget your first!

last season was my first. I was using a friends semi.

On the 4th Jan I went out and bought my O/U, that Saturday I went out for the afternoon flight on the marshes, with not a lot of action, dusk came and then the moon light.

To my disbelief two mallards dropped in and there was my first right and left. Therefore I christened my new gun with my first right and left under the moon light, if that isn't romance I don't know what is. It will stay with me for life, and luckily I was with my friend that I had been shooting the entire season and I think he was more happy for me than I was.

Nope, just me and the chickens. :hmm: You know i dont have any friends. :no::good::hmm: