My new .17 fireball

jcf1

£20 a box? You should be so lucky - the cheapest I've seen is £28, the most £43!!!! Its essential to reload this unless you have bottomless pockets.

But it is a fantastic bunny gun. Like I said, the only drawback IMO is the lack of magazine. Its the same noise level as my hmr was and the rounds cost about the same when reloading. Doesn't replace a .22lr, but thats for wholly different situations.

One of the best things I found with the .17 centrefires is that they are very mild if fitted with a good mod. I think because the bullet is so small it creates less disturbance when it flies so the crack isn't as bad as the bigger guns. Just my view on it but that's how it seems to me? Fitted with a good mod they are wonderful tools.

Try the 20grn Bergers over a light load if you don't want to burn too much powder or shoot to silly ranges. That should keep the barrel life a little more healthy and will be more than enough for bunnies!