12Ltr 300bar bottle - how many 400cc fills,

Salop Matt

I have bought a 12Ltr 300bar bottle and got it filled 3-4 weeks ago. I have only had 11-12 fills of my rapid 7 buddy bottles from it at 220bar and its now only filling to 205 bar !

I was expecting more fills form this bottle ! So should I be getting more fills or is this about right ?

Cheers

:good:

I have bought a 12Ltr 300bar bottle and got it filled 3-4 weeks ago. I have only had 11-12 fills of my rapid 7 buddy bottles from it at 220bar and its now only filling to 205 bar !

What is the volume of you rapid 7 bottle, as the maths is quite easy

like a few i have come across the gun works around 205/207bar, so you have 90bar of pressure be for you equalize out!

90x12Lts=1080 Lts to play with so find out the volume of you gun bottle, and check that the "hot fill you get at the dive centre is 300bar as when it cools you will have abt 280 ish!!

20 bar is not a lot, but under the water it is !!

TEH

I bought mine from deep blue and that appers to be my mistake ! I suspect the cylinger is leaking !

With regards to deep blue cylinders it seems they are nothing but trouble ! Here is my response to someone elses thread about deep blue, there service and there product !

I to have bought one of these bottles from them......................

When i took it to my local dive shop the bloke laughed at me and said " i know where youve had that from just by looking at it "

And he was right ! How did he know ? Well the term he used to describe the gauge on it i probbobly shouldnt repeat

He then said 50% of the ones he had contact with leaked like a sive on filling ! Fortantly mine filled okay with no sign of leaking !

How ever ...........

That was 3 weeks ago and ive only filled my buddy bottle 11-12 times from 150 bar to 220bar. And now it tops out at 205bar. Apparently I should be seeing 30 + Fills from the bottle !

So guess what sports fans................ I am going to be giving deep blue some ear ache also ! But from what iv been told I am wasting my time. But my dive shop will want £40 to remove the valve and reseal it !

The dive shop owner also then rubbed the salt in buy saying that he could of got me the same setup that is better sealed and with a better guage for £250......So for £30 more I could of collected the cylinder from just down the road, had no attitude when I purchased and had a better valve !

Yes I am also cheesed off. And no they wont ever see a penny more of mine !

Sorry to hear this buddy :good:

I have always filled by buddy bottles to 200 bar which is what i was always led to believe and it is stamped on the bottle also, i use a 17ltr 300bar cyliinder and get around 40 fills from it ,and shop owners will always tell you you got stung and should of gone to them in the first place because thats what they do ,wouldnt take any notice of it ,i would also make sure the shop is capable of doing a 300 bar fill ,you need a decent setup to do it and i would be very carefull what he sells you also..

I purchased by bottle and valve from http://www.best-pcpfittings-quickcouplings.co.uk , they use quality bottles and fittings and the customer service is superb for lack of a better word ,i would certainly give them a ring and tell them your situation they may have a cheaper alternative

good luck ,hope you get this sorted

Edited by Elm0