A look out with the ferret's

Luckyshot

Took Harry my polecat out this morning for a few hours to try and get him a bit fitter before I start using him every week. I went to the same farm that I took 30+ rabbits from last night lamping. On arrival there were a few dozen rabbits kicking about the field, a quick drive round in the Landy soon put them back down the holes ready for me to start working Harry. Netting up the first set was a canny job a 26 holler which I knew held allot of rabbits as I just saw about a dozen go down when I drove the field. Once Harry was down it didn’t take long before the first rabbit bolted followed by the 2nd,3rd and so on until I had successfully cleaned out 10 from this set. Moving onto the next set which was only a 5 holler I wasn’t expecting too many to be down there but to my surprise Harry bolted 6 rabbits all netted and necked quickly.

I then moved to a different field where I netted up a few 3-4 hollers and gathered another 9 rabbits so ending the day with 25 very clean and decent sized rabbits which makes my weekend total to 102 rabbits not bad for a weekends work.

post-12981-1287353808.jpg

Took Harry my polecat out this morning for a few hours to try and get him a bit fitter before I start using him every week. I went to the same farm that I took 30+ rabbits from last night lamping. On arrival there were a few dozen rabbits kicking about the field, a quick drive round in the Landy soon put them back down the holes ready for me to start working Harry. Netting up the first set was a canny job a 26 holler which I knew held allot of rabbits as I just saw about a dozen go down when I drove the field. Once Harry was down it didn’t take long before the first rabbit bolted followed by the 2nd,3rd and so on until I had successfully cleaned out 10 from this set. Moving onto the next set which was only a 5 holler I wasn’t expecting too many to be down there but to my surprise Harry bolted 6 rabbits all netted and necked quickly.

I then moved to a different field where I netted up a few 3-4 hollers and gathered another 9 rabbits so ending the day with 25 very clean and decent sized rabbits which makes my weekend total to 102 rabbits not bad for a weekends work.

post-12981-1287353808.jpg

that is brill mate wish i could get that many in a weekend good stuf :good::yes::P