Do you think my dogs are spoilt?

Evil Elvis

there is just something about HPR's that makes them lovely dogs, must confess my gwp is known to have the odd sofa visit in the evenings. I reckon though at that age your fun is just starting the next 12 months will test you to the edge :good: just as they get a little pig headed and gain confidence in their own judgement being better than yours. Mine was great to 12 months a ****** up to 24 months and has got better ever since.

there is just something about HPR's that makes them lovely dogs, must confess my gwp is known to have the odd sofa visit in the evenings. I reckon though at that age your fun is just starting the next 12 months will test you to the edge :good: just as they get a little pig headed and gain confidence in their own judgement being better than yours. Mine was great to 12 months a ****** up to 24 months and has got better ever since.

Perfect insight into many breeds that m8.

I ead the books many years ago with my first dog{lab} interesting tho they were, to be absolutely basic, you have to break a dogs spirit early, not his spunk, getup and go, but his own single mindedness as you state, i chose to do that at a very early age, by taking food away half way thru being eaten, and making him sit for longer periods than he wanted to, if he lay down i picked him back up etc, if he growled as he got braver when his food or bones were touched he got a quick smack, basically you are the pack leader, and the sooner he knows the better.

And constant correction 24/7 i think has a big influence on what the end result will be, i was lucky in always working for myself my dogs were with me near enough 24/7, even the pub every time.

I guess i can give up any thoughts about being a pro dog trainer now then.

Edited by manxman2