fac help!!

dogsnuts

Hi Sean,i got it from prestige firearms,which is basically a chap who is a rfd who operates from home,i cant recomend him enough,he's a top bloke with top prices,unfortunatly i only found out about him after i got my beretta as he could have got one of those for less than what i payed although i cant remember what exactly now.He is based about 30 miles from me and you can go see him in the evenings which is handy if you work i was introduced to him by a mate,when we picked up my rifle we left here at 12.30 am :) and a guy turned up at 11.30 after lamping for some .22lr ammo.He is "open all hours" :P and as i've got o know him better i've realised that this is the norm (i think hes nocturnal) :unsure:

one thing that i can say about the Anschutz is that it balances like a dream with a moderator fitted(it must be designed that way)as without the moderator it balances slightly stock heavy,i'm really looking foreward to putting it through its paces when my new scope arrives next week <_<:)

The longer barrel does help to stabalise the bulet slightly, but anything over 16" velocity starts to tail off. I would imagine the heavy barrel to be slightly more accurate at longer ranges.

However for 'hunting' use, all the anshutz and Sako's are more than good enough, it's only when you want to start going mental on the range you will notice the differances I would imagine.

I know what yuo mean about the weight, the 1710 weighs about double my xiv, but is great for long range shots from the landrover <_<

A Sako, with cutdown barrel, and PES silencer would make quite a tool :)