diesel fuel

ferrodo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://vintagetractorengineer.com/2009/01/tvo/

mmmmmm i guess i dont know what im talking about :lol::D:good:

I am not doubting your ability to use google and then post link on here!

But you are contaradicting yourself now but saying you can use veg oil/ bio without gumming up your engine and IP, you said it would ruin the pump/engine !!

We(not you) were talking about running a diesel engine on a twin tank svo system, to which you said it would ruin the engine like your friend in his L/R.

You carry on my friend I am getting bored with trying to explain thing to you as you obviously know best thats why you have ruined an engine , where as I researched it and didnt !!!!

Proof is in the pudding my friend.

This is my last post on the subject so go on you have the last word. . . :smartass:

:bye2::bye2:

now then where was I, oh yes :rolleyes:

http://www.biodiesel-fuel.co.uk/how-to-make-biodiesel/ on some engins e.g. the old landrover 2.25 wich has a cav pump the pump uses the fuel as a lubricant true

but with svo or just filterd wvo the glycerine (liquid sugar)is still in there and so is the water don't know about that not my thing

. whre some of the newer engins wich has the bosh pump the pump barings are lubed by the engin oil not true, bosch pumps are lubricated by the fuel in the same way as the cav pumps are, and not by the engine oil, the exception being in line pumps these ( whether made by bosch / cav / minimec / simmons) are usually lubricated by the engine oil and are usually fitted to larger engines, trucks and the like. However by their very nature all rotary pumps, like the nivara and the 200tdi you mention are lubed by the fuel

so there is no issue with it damageing them no issue?? the bosch pumps wear just the same but at a slower rate IMHO thats down to a better build quality and better materials but still eventually bulds up. the solidified fats and sugar block the pump unless you put cleen diesel in regually to cleen out the system.its not the age of the engine but what type of injector pump it has on it on average older lumps have a cav pump and newer ones have bosch but there is always exceptions to that. i will have to get a photo of a friends 200tdi engine that was run on new svo for six months straight and no cycling of diesel needles to say 3 cav injector pumps 200tdi's are fitted with bosch pumps not cav, landrover have to my knowledge only fitted bosch pumps to the 200/300tdi's

8 injectors and a replacement block ?block? whats that got to do with using svo :lol: later he starterd lisning to some advice :lol::lol::oops: .as you say little knowledge is dangerous!!!I agree whole heartedly :yes:

so like i said, what a load of tosh :lol::lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...