chainsaw question

darren m

well 3rd time lucky , i put it back together again and this time the chain was movable unlike before .

its running fine , dismantled half a tree with it this afternoon , any way it was until i went to start it again and the starter pulley string snaped :blush: cant beleave my luck :) oh well will get the allen keys out and open her up i suppose

<!--quoteo(post=1229856:date=Nov 8 2010, 10:39 AM:name=Zapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zapp @ Nov 8 2010, 10:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1229856"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Are you undoing the two nuts, then loosening the tension screw, then doing the two nuts back up to lock the bar? Also, are you holding the tip of the bar up as you retighten the locking screws?

Have you put chain oil into the reservoir?

Once the bar is locked the chain should run if pulled round by hand, provided the chain brake is off.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I use a chain saw a lot and take the basics like tighting the chain deburring the bar,heavy lube on the front cog,sharpening angels on the teeth ,filing the rakers,to name a few all for granted but was shown by a pro forestry worker,I still would not buy a flat pack saw ,I buy husqy and stihl from a proper dealer who sets all saws and makes sure you know your stuff,I have seen what a saw can do to a leg and face ,so feel that there should be a safety chat with every unit sold

never a truer word said ! so , so dangerous .