Where do I start?

Sco77w

Hi, I've been a lurker for a while and this is my first post

I've just got a young springer bitch from our local rescue cente, although she is primerily a pet and companion for Mrs. Sco77w when I'm working away. I would like to use her for some picking up, she is all for her ball and will fetch that or a stick all day.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can break her habit of dropping what she retrieves a meter away from me and get her to bring them to me to take from her? She is very excitable and sees everything as play time.

Hope you guys can help

thanks

mine did this as well i got around it by giving him fewer retrieves and by refusing to pick up the ball,dummy,rabbit ect ect. and only giving him a treat when he has brought it to hand if he droped it i would not give him a treat till it was in my hand.

it is always good reading and watching dvds and books. the ed martin and dave isset series helped me a awfull lot. keep us posted on how you get on mate. and hope any of what i have put helps you in any way. :good:

• 4 weeks later...