Old English Hammer gun

Blunderbust

Hi all, rather than advertise the guns that I would be willing to sell I thought it would be better to let you all know that I want to keep them if possible but I am after a really nice good quality old English Hammer gun. I want one with 30" Damascus barrels that has been recently proofed to 2 and 3/4" 70mm. Ideally I would like to trade in a one or a couple of my own guns and if need be top up with cash. The guns that I have and I am willing to trade are:

Beretta 682 gold E 32 inch Trap adjust stock multi choke only fired 400 shot in immaculate condition fully cased with all paperwork and tools/chokes. This is an absolutely beautiful gun. Est. value £1600

Ugertecha 12 g 28 barrels SXS 8 pin SLE. Really nice lightweight gun. Est. Value £500.

Beretta Extrema 1 NOW SOLD

Zabacola 12b SxS NOW SOLD

The Beretta 682 Gold E NOW SOLD

Any one that is interested I can photograph all the guns/any of the guns and send them via email if required.

I have now achieved my aim and acquired a 130 year old William Needler sxs 12 gauge hammer gun in absolutely mint condition. Thanks to all who helped me or took the time to show me/offer me there guns.

Edited by Blunderbust

Hi, I have a very nice John Blisset & Son hammergun which might suit you. The only thing is that it has 28" barrels and you are looking for 30". It is currently displayed at Atkin, Grant & Lang in their gunroom (see http://www.atkingrantandlang.com/) they have valued it at £1500. They got the description slightly wrong though, it is in fact nitro proofed to 2 3/4". Not really interested in part-ex, could do with the cash :) Couple of pics attached.

Blissetp1.jpg

Blissetp2.jpg

Hi there,

I think you might struggle to find a damascus barrel that's chambered for 2 3/4", most were made for 2 1/2" as was common for the time. I concurr, Dig' at Atkin Grant and Lang has some fine vintage guns. I bought my Lang from him. He even sent it out to me before I'd payed him and didnt even charge to RFD it. Top bloke.

Hi I have a wm Lee 16 gauge it was my grandfathers it will need some restoring cosmeticly and I will have to see if it is chambers for longer cartridges Im after a nice berretta Iv just got the pigeon shooting bug and Realy get on with the beretta areadtreeexpert@tiscali.co.uk thanks

Hi I have a wm Lee 16 gauge it was my grandfathers it will need some restoring cosmeticly and I will have to see if it is chambers for longer cartridges Im after a nice berretta Iv just got the pigeon shooting bug and Realy get on with the beretta areadtreeexpert@tiscali.co.uk thanks

CB your gun looks absolutely stunning and is exactly the type of gun I am looking for. I will continue to search for a 30" barrel at this time but will keep yours in mind if I am unsuccessful.

ghilley, I am sorry but I want a ready to use 12 bore, but thanks for the offer.

mattslaptop247, cheers for that but I have found a lot of 2 and 3/4" versions but not what I am looking for, so far LOL.