20 bore s/s

welsh warrior

hey all havnt been on in a while and ive added some new guns ...bought a aya 12g yoman for 20 quid ( or how ever you spell it )and browning t bolt 17 hmr and a lovely 20 bore s/s ... now the 20 bore dont have any name on it but its very very close to the aya in the way its made pins screws shape etc but my rfd said its a spanish gun.. how can i tell what make it is ? the ser n0. is ... pg 107437 . ifts its a aya id be very happy

Guest cookoff013

where was it proofed, that can help narrow it down. look at the proof marks (if they havent been re-proofed)

there are lots of gun manufacturers that sell the same model, but with different names. (browning /miroku /charles daley /winchester) is a perfect example.

what is the model? it sounds like its spanish.

ps ayas are spanish.

is it a gunmark? ?

If its Spanish the two proof houses are Eibar or Barcelona.

The Eibar proof house (in AyA region) uses a shield with a wobbly X and what looks like a crest on it followed by the various other marks ... which include the date code.

If the BP is above the oval and the square could be a shield ? there should be 2 Xs in front (well really crossed guns!!) then that's probably Spanisn smokeless proof marks.

sorry can't scan this to post.

Edited by seeker

Going well .....

if you're really in luck you might find a single letter or, more likely, a letter followed by a figure 1or2 .. that's could be the year of proof A1 = 1955: Z1= 1980 if its Spanish.

There might also be a shield with 'CH' in - another proof mark.

Well that's as far as I can go blind ....

I'm inclined to agree with Cookoff and think 'Gunmark' .. Now GMK

They had guns made for them .. I think Arietta was one maker, amongst other.

Have a google for any trade ads for their guns and see if any ser nos match...

Out of interest many recent Spanish guns get a 9 digit ser no with makers code, type and year (last 2 digits) in it Kemens a good example. This makes life easier.

good luck with your gun