How much does HSBC charge - USD transactions ?

agusta

HSBC will charge you more than the exchange rate on the day, but depending how much your purchase will cost, it's not a lot of difference. I always ask the companies if they accept Paypal, which only charge you the correct rate on the day.

Most companies will accept Paypal,as it's quicker for you both.

Banks will always want to make as much as possibe off you,Paypal is a much easier and cheaper way to pay although their rates ae not always the best.You can check the rate they are offering if you "click your profile"....in the "Financial Information"...click "currency ballance"..on the right hand side under "Currency Exchange"..input 1 gbp and convert to usd.

I bought some Briley chokes yesterday and used paypal to pay for them the rate was $1.55,it worked out to about £30 per choke and $8 delivery.

Another good thing about paypal,my bank want £25 to transfer money to my Bank of America account regardless of amount,what I do is make a gift to my Mrs and have her paypal linked to our B of A account .Transaction fee ....nil

john :good: