Mountain Bike Mudguards?

Frenchieboy

I am about to start on a "personal fitness program" that is being organised by my doctor as I am putting on far too much weight. This will involve going to the gym regularly and being "monitored" by a personal trainer. I have also been advised that it would be benificial to use a bike for local trips rather than to drive everywhere - If the truth be known i am very lazy in that respect, especially as most of my shoots are within about 2 miles from my home!

I have a mountain bike on offer to me very cheaply but my wife is of the opinion that a "normal" gents bike would be better as a mountain bike does not have mudguards and I would end up getting soaking wet and filthy without mudguards. I would prefer to have a modern mountain bike so can anyone tell me if it is possible to fit mudguards to a mountain bike and if so can they be bought as a "standard accessory"?

Edited by Frenchieboy

Hi Frenchieboy

Iam probably worse than you I hate exercise but always saying I must loose weight but never do , if you dont mind me asking how much do you weigh ?

just wondering if I could get some help from my doctor ,just been there last week regarding back and joint pain she prescribed some very good pain

relivers , but Iam sure some of the effects of being overweight arent helping .

Dave

I am about to start on a "personal fitness program" that is being organised by my doctor as I am putting on far too much weight. This will involve going to the gym regularly and being "monitored" by a personal trainer. I have also been advised that it would be benificial to use a bike for local trips rather than to drive everywhere - If the truth be known i am very lazy in that respect, especially as most of my shoots are within about 2 miles from my home!

I have a mountain bike on offer to me very cheaply but my wife is of the opinion that a "normal" gents bike would be better as a mountain bike does not have mudguards and I would end up getting soaking wet and filthy without mudguards. I would prefer to have a modern mountain bike so can anyone tell me if it is possible to fit mudguards to a mountain bike and if so can they be bought as a "standard accessory"?

Hi little Mangetouts

Just been in the garage and found out a front and rear crud catcher in black and a load of dust. If you go a head with the bike you can have them if you cover the postage.

Phil

Hi Frenchieboy

Iam probably worse than you I hate exercise but always saying I must loose weight but never do , if you dont mind me asking how much do you weigh ?

just wondering if I could get some help from my doctor ,just been there last week regarding back and joint pain she prescribed some very good pain

relivers , but Iam sure some of the effects of being overweight arent helping .

Dave

Hi mate, Some might say that what you have asked is a bit personal but "Hey Ho What the heck"!

I am a fraction over 5ft 6inch and weigh over 13.6 stone - For a man of near 60 years of age that is way over the top, so much so that it is bordering on downright dangerous. On top of that I have both a Chest Problem and a Heart Problem (I would rather not go into detail). It was in fact me that asked to see my doctor about things as I am really starting to feel it when I am out with the gun - my body tells me in no uncertain terms that I am grossly over weoght. I have even tried telling my wife that my 37 inch waist is just relaxed muscle - She says that if it were any more relaxed it would be on a coma! :lol:

Caballero - That is a very generous and kind offer, I will be making a decision in the next few days and if I do go ahead and get the mountain bike I will almost certainly take you up on your offer.

Once again - Thank You, it is people like you that make the PW forum as good as it is!

Edited by Frenchieboy

Caballero - That is a very generous and kind offer, I will be making a decision in the next few days and if I do go ahead and get the mountain bike I will almost certainly take you up on your offer.

Once again - Thank You, it is people like you that make the PW forum as good as it is!

No problem just PM me when you decide.

Sorry about the Mangetouts but when I see French I think of Dellboy :lol::lol:

Phil

Hi Frenchieboy .

Thanks for the reply , Iwas expecting my Dr to say about my weight but she didnt , Iam 55 and 15 stone just under 5' 10" , perhaps I could get some help then .

Ddave

Hi

i'm 57 16st 3lbs 6'0" tall. Just get some excecise. I play golf at least twice a week, Badminton on a monday night, try to get some shooting in each week and sail in the summer and my mates still think i'm a fat ******* even when i walk the dogs twice a day. There right of course I just eat and drink to much.

Phil