starting pistol

col48

Hi All

Just a quick one.

I have a starting pistol that i have been using for some time and i have just about run out of blanks. normally i use the short ones Filbert i think.

but i have a load of luncher blanks and they fit in the pistol OK. can you use them in the starting pistol ? or are they to powerfully. i say this as they give you a right kick when you use them on the dummy launcher.

ATB

Colin

They probably only "Kick" because they are effectively firing a projectile, whereas a starting pistol will just vent outwards. I'd hate to say "Use them", and you blow your hand off, though! :blink:

Hi m8

yes the fact that you are shooting a chunk of rubber about 200y is the reason it kicks so much. but they are about 3 times the size as well. and i believe they are nitro powder. but the revolver is open ended as you would expect and i don't think it will be a problem but i thought i would ask first just to make sure.

ATB

Colin

Seriously? :blink:

I thought they only launched 40-50 yards... That's like a mortar bomb :o

Hi

mine is the turner Richards and it goes over 100y if you do it at about 45 degrees.

i will have to range find it when I'm out with it next time,but this will be a wile yet as i have a lot of different stuff to do before i get to that.

ATB

Colin

If i remember correctly you dont get the same bang with the launcher blanks because they are nitro powder and need a bit of pressure to burn all the powder. Proper blanks are black powder which burns quicker. Im sure my mate tried them a few years back and they didnt go bang very loud.

Maybe Im wrong though and they would blow the gun up!

well i have just been out and tried it.

i will not be doing it again as i put 1 x dummy launcher blank in and the rest where normal blanks. there was only 3 left out of 9 that did not fire off at the same time.

it went with a good old crack, and the spent blank had to be pulled out with a pair of pliers.

so to answer my own question NO

i will be going to get some more blanks and i have to stop being tight.

ATB

Colin