Gun storage advice wanted!

Weimermad

The FAO has recently passed my cabinet (i moved house) to store my 3 shotguns, the question id like answered is, am i allowed to now store my guns in the cabinet while i wait for my cert to be returned after renewal, or do i keep them stored in my fathers cabinet until my cert is returned? is there a law regarding this?

As long as your FEO has passed your security and knows that you have those guns, then there is nothing whatsoever to stop you from storing them in your new cabinet.

You still have a shotgun certificate (albeit in your firearms dept') so as long as you are only waiting for it to be returned then you have no problems.

Just make sure that your SGC doesn’t expire before it is returned, as this can present a problem if you have a jobsworth in charge. Just give them a bell and check the progress now and then, and if it does expire before you get it back then just casually ask whether you need a temporary certificate whilst you wait. If they are anything like West Midlands then they will just tell you not to worry as they have it in hand and will get it to you as soon as possible.

As for buying shotgun cartridges, ask your dad to buy them for you. It isn’t an offence for him to give them to you even if you didn’t have a SGC.

Most firearms dept's are run by pretty decent people who don’t want loads of hassle with law abiding shotgun owners. :/

G.M.