muntjac stalking

went down jasons friday evening for a stalk top bloke .all safety aspects talked through and test shot fired .if you are thinking about a stalk this is the place to go he gives you the time of day and makes you feel at ease and no rush .also learning you as you go and well worth the money :good::good:

Thankyou 4 your write up and the lovely pie

kind regards

Jason

I went on a stalk with Jason in February, really nice chap, very knowledgeable and happy to share his experience. We see plenty of deer is our evening stalk 20 ish in total and i got a doe for the freezer i was after.

Will defiantly book up again.

thanks again Eric

I returned to see Jason yesterday, having done my first ever stalk with him a year ago. We did a morning stalk for Muntjac and the late afternoon for Chinese Water Deer. I was after does in both cases and got what I had come for. :)

The morning was it's typical challenge, those little deer hide very well in the cover, but we found a few does together and I took one from a standing shot leant against a tree.

The CWD were a new experience for me, as was the belly crawl with the .243 as we edged out into an open field, with a doe sitting down on the far side. As the sun lowered, it extended the dark shadow that bit further so we could close the gap a bit. (EDIT) I just remembered we also had to slide down into a ditch, under a hedge and then begin the belly crawl!

The decision was made by the deer as she stood up, probably about to go for a browse, Jason said to go for it if I felt good, so that was all I needed to hear, especially as we were still lying prone, the gun on a bipod, and a tree behind her.

So, another good day, and great to be back, and two deer hanging in the garage. Thanks Jason, see you next time.

Edited by john_r

Was out with Jason yesterday, and shot my first Muntjac (and first deer.)

i cant heap enough praise on him, saw plenty of muntjac around. Jason made me feel very welcome and answered all my daft questions. will defiantly book up next year with him, think it will be CWD for me then.

IMG_1144.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi too all,

Following on from last years successful stalking i am able to offer top quality stalking for muntjac in bedfordshire at reasonable prices. e.g. 2hr stalk inc.one doe and the carcass at £80.00. For references look back to may 2010 in this forum,page 6 under muntjac stalker for pics and write ups. No high seats are used unless requested to give the proper stalking experience with a professional guide. Many people from last year have already re-booked so, please contact me as soon as possible to ensure a slot. We do not over stalk the area so places are limited. Only available to happy honest people!!

Many thanks, Muntjac Stalker.

Hi to all,

unfortunatly we are now fully booked as so many of our previous clients have rebooked,and as usual we are not prepared to overstalk our areas to ensure equalled success next season.However it is always worth expressing a interest just in case there is a cancellation or additional ground becomes available.Thankyou 2 all who have been so far and for those of you yet to visit,we looking forward 2 seeing you soon.

kind regards

Muntjacstalker

Went up to, ''Muntjac stalkers'' place last Saturday and got my first deer. It was a fantastic experience from start to finish.

Fell out of bed at 5am and straight into the car so right boot down and up the road I went. Arrived there around 6.15am and man it was a beautiful morning with so much wildlife knocking around. The pheasants were ambling around in the morning sun like no mans business among god knows how many hares, rabbits, and geese. It was at this point my heart started thumping with excitement.

Anyway,Jason opens the back door upon my arrival and in for a cup of tea. We had a general chat about what the plan was for the morning and a few safety tips and then we were off up through the first couple of fields and into the wood. So we edge our way through the first wood without seeing any deer although the floor and trees were moving with wildlife from partridge,rabbit,hare, and the odd woody still deciding which crop to feed on for breakfast. So on we go very slowly and there about 40 yards through the rough we could see a small group of two doe's and a young buck. We got closer within 30 yards or so and then all of a sudden they spooked and bolted. I reckon it was the pounding noise of my heart that spooked them. On we go and a few more minutes passed with my nerves on edge and then there it was, a young buck side on around 40 yards. I quickly got into position and one hit knocked him for six.

Bloody hell what morning. I think i've got the bug.

I would definitely recommend Jason who advertises on here for muntjac stalking if this is what you want to experience. An all round top guy with lots of experience and time to share with newbies like me.

See picture on sporting pic's section.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello All.

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed stalking with Jason last weekend. It was my first experience of stalking and pretty much my first time shooting a rifle. As an absolute novice without any gear other than camo cloths! (everything provided) I was engrossed in every detail and loved every minute. A successful morning stalk resulted in my first Deer. A very nice Muntjac Buck. Head being mounted with the taxidermist as we speak. I can highly recommend stalking with Jason for any newcomer or experienced stalker. I plan on another outing next month and plan on getting very much more involved in stalking next year. My xmas present list includes binoculars and numerous other essentials! Thanks again jason for an incredible experience. Shooting my first Deer through the early morning fog is something I will always remember. Overly dramtic!! Definately not.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I would like to thank both Jason & Mike for a full morning of stalking. Mike & I saw lots of Muntjac in the morning, several real good bucks, If I was after a medal buck I could have had a couple. I hesitated on the Doe I wanted and the moment was gone, but mike was still enthusiastic and postive that another Doe would present itself. We ended up back at Jason after seeing around 25+ Muntjac, most of which seemed to be Bucks. Had a Stalk on a doe along way out in the open from Jasons but was to far out to shoot. I wanted my 1st shot to be a deer and thanks to there efforts I shot a buck from Jasons back garden, nearly used his garden table as a rest but was to heavy to move. Thanks again for the extra effort I so wanted to go home with a Deer & did. Want to come back for that Doe but have no freezer space, may worry about that if I get one. Ended up seeing over 30 Muntjac so even though its near the end there season there are still loads around. Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

we are getting a lot of enquiries at the moment and this is just a reminder to all that we will resume stalking in sept when the cover dies down and the bucks are in clean antler,we wish 2 give you the optimum chance of success so please bear with us until sept

kind regards

Muntjacstalker