skeet shooting

officerdibble777

Being quite new to shooting skeet,can you tell me what do I do if I hit both birds with one shot ?

Today when I shot the pair from stand 7 I hit both birds with the first shot,what should follow this ? I'm a bit puzzled

john

repeat the pair, if you do it again, repeat the pair, if you do it again, pair lost and move on

Being quite new to shooting skeet,can you tell me what do I do if I hit both birds with one shot ?

Today when I shot the pair from stand 7 I hit both birds with the first shot,what should follow this ? I'm a bit puzzled

john

I would like to do that,trying for years (laugh)

here is 2 rules from the cpsa web site hope it helps

4.21 One shot only may be fired at each target during its flight

4.46 Both targets are broken with the first shot. On the third repeated occurrence, the first target

will be scored “hit” and the second target “lost”.

The result of the first shot is established and a repeat double taken to determine the result of the second

shot only when:

It's remarkable how many people who shoot skeet regularly don't even know the proper rules.

I've seen referee's who have no idea of the new rules that were brought out a few years ago.. :hmm:

Hi Ken,

Can you please clarify which rules you are referring to that have been advised incorrectly?

Cheers,

Jon.

The one that confuses people the most is the first bird established rule that was brought in a few years ago.

If your shooting a pair, you hit the first target and the second target emerges broken, is irregular, or is hit by pieces of the first target, it's first target established as killed.

You then shoot another pair to establish the result of the second target.

Same if you miss the first target and shoot the second with the first shot, or you miss the first target and then the targets collide, the first bird would be established as lost.

Again, you would then shoot another pair to establish the result of the second target.

Many times have I seen refs call pair again nothing established when it clearly should have been. :hmm:

Hi Ken thanks for your explanation of that rule,in your first post I thought you were having a go at me for shooting skeet without knowing the rules,but I now see it was more in general.Iv'e only recently taken to shooting skeet (practice)but having so much enjoyment I plan to shoot it a lot more,absolutly hooked on it..thanks again

john

Officerdibble777 (great name by the way), I wouldn't have a go at anyone whose just starting, or anyone else.

Takes time to learn all the in's and out's of the various disciplines, and it does get complicated at times. :unsure:

JonD, At our County Qualifiers and Finals we have to score ourselves, and I'm often surprised how many long time shooters have no idea when it comes to getting the rules right..

Can cause a lot of friction amongst fellow shooters. :yes:

Officerdibble777 (great name by the way), I wouldn't have a go at anyone whose just starting, or anyone else.

Takes time to learn all the in's and out's of the various disciplines, and it does get complicated at times. :unsure:

JonD, At our County Qualifiers and Finals we have to score ourselves, and I'm often surprised how many long time shooters have no idea when it comes to getting the rules right..

Can cause a lot of friction amongst fellow shooters. :yes:

I know what you mean, when i started shooting skeet last year I didn't know the rules either, I don't profess to know them all now but am studying them with a view to qualifing as a skeet ref this year, mainly to know the rules inside out and to shooting at things in competition that I can refuse if they are no birds etc.

Officerdibble, enjoy skeet shooting! :) it's very addictive ;)

Cheers,

Jon.

I know what you mean, when i started shooting skeet last year I didn't know the rules either, I don't profess to know them all now but am studying them with a view to qualifing as a skeet ref this year, mainly to know the rules inside out and to shooting at things in competition that I can refuse if they are no birds etc.

Officerdibble, enjoy skeet shooting! :) it's very addictive ;)

Cheers,

Jon.

Good luck with that JonD, the more qualified refs the better. :yes:

Even I get things wrong (check other thread) :no: