Any Domestic Appliance Engineers on pw

Fisherman Mike

I have a baumatic frost free fridge freezer which appears to have a fault.

I keep getting water trickling down the inside of the freezer compartment and leaking through the bottom door seal. It eventually freezes on the floor of the freezer compartment under the the bottom drawer.

it appears to be coming from behind a plate on the pack of the freezer compartment and trickling down in the corner.

Ive looked in the user instructions under trouble shooting and there is nothing of any help

The unit is a frost free one and doesnt apparently require defrosting

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Mike

HI mike i have a similar issue with a fridge, take the draws outs and look for a drain hole where the water should go and be evaporated off this may be blocked.

Spot on HDAV thanks very much. Moved the fridge away from the wall and took a rubber valve type thing off the drain point and it was blocked with god knows what. dog hairs, dust, something unrecognisable....cleaned it out with a paper clip and now seems to be OK. Thanks. Mike.

There should be a drain hole somewhere that channels water to a "tank" near the motor-the heat from the motor evaporates the tiny amount produced.You might also check that the unit is sitting level-this sometimes makes things worse.

Also spot on Bruno.... The plastic tray was just above the pump and was full of **** too. I would never of found it or the drain hole..

My Thanks to you and HDAV.... Ive saved myself 85 quid minimum call out charge from the Baumatic Engineer :yes:

All seems to be working fine. now. ;)

You are both on my xmas card list next year.

Edited by Fisherman Mike