Another good day out with the ferrets.

The day started with saddness as I cracked open the runs to find one of our prize polecats had a stroke and I had to put the poor thing out of its pain.

Still we had the job in hand and set off on the next section of the sandy bank ,we nearly finnished on wensday bar 50 yards .

So we over netted some of the warren and the area we had not covered it was cold cold and things where very slow but managed a merger 10 .

So upped sticks to a lilac hedge we planned to cover the whole short hedge today ermm think not netted the first warren roughly 20 holes with the longnets crossing the hedge as a backup.

The sport was slow at first but I guess there was two levels as rabbits started to pur out and at one stage I had 5 rabbits in my hands and between my knees.

Finnised with a good haul of 30.

Happy days OTH

Ferretting30thjan2011.jpg

Cracking bag again :good: we has another 25 today but 6 of them were ready to drop hope we can get a few more weeks in yet :good:

Not paunched one yet with any young yet strange how being 50 miles more northern affects there breeding cycle .

Hope it stays cold long term as we got alot more to do before the end of the season.

Cheers OTH