How was your season?

ollie

Well folks now that the game season is practically over how was your season? We had a good year at the pheasants achieving 56% return (110 birds down, 62 shot) from our syndicate. On the woodcock front we achieved record returns from our syndicate shoot dispite the cold weather ban; however, my own personal return throughout the season was lower than usual (despite only missing 5 woodcock all season). The flight pond wasn't as good as usual, again this is partly due to the weather; what with the ban and also when the ban was up the pond was still frozen quite a lot.

Points to learn for next year: make the most of the flight pond earlier in the season while the ducks are there and try and get more time off work to go shooting :lol: .

Let me know how you all got on, would be nice to hear your stories. Roll on September :rolleyes:

EDIT: my percentage was wrong :lol:

Edited by ollie

Our small syndicate returns were down this season,harsh weather saw our birds using the feeders but then seeking cover under a very thick christmas tree plantation on adjacent land!lessons learned for next season!

Rough shoot went very well,but again,frozen pond stopped duck shooting.

despite our syndicate losses the season was spot on,mainly due to a lot of invites to shoot on one or two very good shoots and a (always) superb beaters day on one of the big local shoots.A great season,but am in no rush to see September come round....plenty to do 'til then! :good:

Good return on the pheasants, lets just say we are some way off that :blush::blush:. The season down south has been extended by a month for Pheasants and woodpigeon so hopefully we'll bag a few more :good:. I seen about 10 woodcock all year not really a fan of hunting but If one pops when after the pheasants then I'll have a go it, shot my first two ever this season a testing shot and lovely to eat, I hope to get a good bag of them next season. We havent got a dedicated duck pond but a few fields flood every year, we got a good few teal so were happy with that.

Good return on the pheasants, lets just say we are some way off that :blush::blush:. The season down south has been extended by a month for Pheasants and woodpigeon so hopefully we'll bag a few more :good:. I seen about 10 woodcock all year not really a fan of hunting but If one pops when after the pheasants then I'll have a go it, shot my first two ever this season a testing shot and lovely to eat, I hope to get a good bag of them next season. We havent got a dedicated duck pond but a few fields flood every year, we got a good few teal so were happy with that.

Know a bloke who sells cock birds to Eire at the end of each English season.....is it just a month more you get,he seemed to think it was longer?

Know a bloke who sells cock birds to Eire at the end of each English season.....is it just a month more you get,he seemed to think it was longer?

Normally the season finishes on the 31st of January, but we essentially missed the hole month of December due to a ban because of the cold weather. So the season was extended until the end of February.