Beretta Silver Pigeon III 12g 30"

RGC

NOW SOLD Beretta Silver Pigeon 3, 12g, 30” barrels, m/c. £1,150.

East Sussex coast. Beautiful gun in handsome condition, barely a mark on it, proofed 2006.

I bought it privately last October, it was previously sold by Avalon Guns. Having returned to shooting after a working lifetime out of it, I thought an o/u would help me break clays. It turns out I do well if I hit the sky with it, so rather than continue to feel like an incompetent fly half wearing £200 boots, I plan to buy a more modest sxs (something like an old AYA XXV, or its like, if anyone’s of a mind to do a deal?) and spend more time rough shooting, where I can blame the gun/the birds etc, and only the trees will suffer.

Very sad, as I am besotted with the gun’s engineering and finish - oiling the stock is a pleasure in itself - but even at my advancing age I need to be using it not just cleaning it. There are one or two rub marks on the barrel blueing under the forend, a light surface scratch at the butt-end of the stock, and the facing edge of the gold trigger is now steel colour, but otherwise it’s all good.

It has five flush-fitting chokes, the spare butt pad, the handbook and the original Beretta hard case - which has an inch-long lump out of one of its four sliders (which still works properly).

I’d prefer a face to face sale.

post-24562-0-84404500-1296824744.jpg

post-24562-0-68823900-1296824768.jpg

post-24562-0-17765300-1296825159.jpg

post-24562-0-85794300-1296825208.jpg

Edited by RGC